five

"I don't remember anything after that night."

"what about the time your were harassed?"

"that.... Yara told me that someone came and help me from that pervert. but she couldn't remember their name or their faces because the place was too dark. neither do I."

"it was me. me, Waka, and Benkei."

"what?" y/n was confused as her mouth hung open.

"we really didn't walk by in any chance or coincidence. I was really keeping my eye on
you." sinichiro avoid her gaze looking at the ground. this is it, this is the chance he'll confess the truth.

"that night, at the party. we we're there, and i
saw you at the crowd. dancing happily with your other friends. I couldn't stop staring at you. that's when that Riki suddenly grab the microphone from your other friend and ask you out, and you
agreed....." he started confessing as y/n listen at him carefully processing every word he says.

"when I heard you say yes i walk out of the room. your friend that invited you was also my friend by the way that's why we're there." the two chuckled as y/n gesture him to continue.

"Waka and Benkei follow me and we just stand there at the back. that's what when we heard shouting and groans, we take a look to see what's going on and saw you being held by a man.
that's when i told Waka and Benkei to help you from the man, because i myself can't fight."

"that's why i always feel something whenever I look at you. sinichiro, thank you for protecting me everytime." y/n took his cold and sweaty hand, slowly massaging it with her thumb as she look at him in the eyes.

"y-you know i really did it because i like you. I know it's bad going at every body background but I went to investigate what Riki is because I want to protect you even I can't hold you, at least you're safe and happy. but Riki didn't expect my expectations. So I made a plan and always keep an eye on him for any suspicious he do so i can stop him from doing something to you, from harming and hurting you." sinichiro said shutting his eyes when reality hit him. he just confessed his feelings.

"did you just said you like me—"

"yeah, y/n I do! and sorry for being a creep for always keeping and eye on you too, I just really really want you to keep you safe."

the room went silent for all of sinichiro's confession. he guessed the silence was a sign for rejection. he was hoping that he'll finally get a girl but his hopes was too high making him crazy.
he let go of the girl's hand and standing up walking at the door.

"what are you doing?" he heard the girl asked as he hold the knob.

"leaving." he said, his back was still facing the girl.

"could you at least maybe stay here for more minutes? i-i just feel safe at your company..."
y/n mumble looking down.

sinichiro hesitated for a second but give up immediately and went to y/n's side sitting at the chair beside the hospital bed. he grab some apples and slice them wanting to ease the tension.

unexpectedly, y/n leaned at his shoulders tensing him and startling him. he take a peek and saw the girl sleeping. unconsciously, he put his arm around the girl's head, slowly patting and massaging her head, he slowly feel dizziness.

a minute have passed the three looked at each other while leaning at the doorframe.

"are they done talking?" Benkei whispers.

"I don't know." Yara whispered back.

"let's take a peek!" Waka opened the door, Yara tried stopping him.

"You can't just open the goddamn door—"

"see?" Waka said crossing his arms enjoying the view Infront of him.

"oh my god, they're so cute!" Yara said choking Waka struggling to her grip.

"waht- I can't breathe!"

Benkei smirked and went to the chair beside the door where his bag is, grabbing his camera.

he chuckled, "this is for blackmailing purposes."
he said and started taking pictures.

the pictures was y/n leaning and resting her head at sinichiro's shoulder, while sinichiro put his hand at y/n's head, his arm circling on her head as they slept together peacefully.