One on One chats-Nancy

It's all my fault Nancy saw.
——————————————-
Nancy Wheeler. Not somebody who you would expect to have a 'private' (Mike is included as a package deal for talking to Will) conversation with Will. After all, it didn't seem like she...cared that much. Not that she didn't love Will, but...you know.

So when Nancy Wheeler walked into Will Byers hospital room 2 hours after the incident, it was a surprise when she cried. Her eyes filled with tears, her hand trying to cover her mouth. She took a deep breath, pushing her shoulders down to look taller. (Similar to when she was talking to the police about Fred.)

She walked over to Wills bed. He was listening, but looked like he was sleeping. Every now and then his eyes would open. He was intubated again, having said that he stopped breathing on his own, the long and big tube coming out of his mouth. He was on a ton of pain meds and anti seizure meds. He had a feeding tube in, which went up his nose.

"Hi Will..." she whispers softly, speaking that Mike was sleeping on the bed next to Mike, and Wills senses were probably sensitive. Wills eyes slowly flickered open a crack, glancing towards the sound. You could see he was surprised.

"Sorry about...this. I know it's weird, having Mikes older sister talk to you. I just...I know you're scared. And I'm sorry I made it seem like I never cared about you." She says, sitting down on the bed.

"When we found out you went missing, Mike was a mess. There wasn't a day that went by, or hell...a minute that went by where he wasn't putting together a plan to find you. And I...never understood how much pain he was in. Sure I thought he was sad but...then my friend Barb...went missing too....and we found out she was dead. And throughout losing barb, I realized how much pain Mike was in." She says, glancing away. "I can't imagine how much pain you were in, Will...how much you're in now."

Wills eyes slowly closed again, though you could see he was listening.

"It made me realize how much he needs you. We all need you. Will I'm so sorry." She whispers, eyes down. "You went through all of that....being stuck in the upside down...the mind flayer being inside you...and...having to get him burned out of you..." she said, flinching as she remembered what she did. When she stabbed Will with the hot fire poker.

"You went through all of that and we all expected you to be okay in a snap." She whispers, causing Will to open his eyes again.

"But you don't have to worry anymore, okay? You aren't going to die. I know you won't." She says, wiping a tear from her face. She could see Will was smiling slightly.

"And I'm sorry Mike has been so oblivious. Such a jerk." She says, giving Will a slight smirk. She knew.

She sighs and gets up, leaning down kissing Wills head. But that's when she saw it.

First she saw his arms, covered in scars and half healed cuts In a horizontal row. Others were covered.

"Oh Will.." she whispers, but then stopped talking.

He had restraints on his wrists, which were fastened to the bed.

She was pissed.

"Rest well." She says, quickly turning and going to the door, walking out.

She instantly be-lined for the nurses desk.

"Woah woah- Nance what are you doing?" Steve says, walking over with Eddie.

"They restrained him, Steve!" Nancy says, turning to face him. "They tied him down!"

"What? Why would they do that?" Steve says, then muttered an 'ow' when Eddie nudged him and gave him a look. "Oh he.."

"Yeah- Steve. But they tied him down. The boy can't even lift a finger and they tied him down!?" She says, furious.

She cared for Will Byers