Never-Ending Rain

Resident Evil: City of The Dead

Part 9

Saya:"How many times will it take until you get it? The idea of a disease that turns people into murderers is absurd!"

Rain began pouring down from the clouds as Y/N, Saya, Kevin, Rita, Komuro and Kohta converse with the other group of survivors inside a tent. It has come to their attention that the survivors had a different view of what was going on and Komuro's group are tasked to assess the situation.

Saya:"The government is using that as an excuse because they can't figure out what's going on! It's their idea of damage control! It's Japan's favorite way of pretending to care!"

Man:"So what? You're saying that dead bodies are really moving around? Ridiculous! It seems like some new disease! It has to be!"

Woman:"Indeed! There must be a reason for all of this!"

Saya:"You can think whatever you'd like, but there's no way that amateurs could figure out the reason. It's futile unless you happen to be a specialist with a steady environment and a lot of time to investigate! There's no way any of us could do that! Or are you trying to say that you're capable of that?"

Woman:"Er, that's...."

Saya:"You can't, can you? You just need to get by without getting eaten! There's nothing more important than that! Isn't that what my dad said?"

Woman:"Oh, I see. *smirks* That's all you wanted to say, isn't it? I was wondering why bratty high schoolers were walking around with guns. And you, police officers, shouldn't you be teaching at least some gun control to them?"

Y/N, Kevin, Saya, Komuro, Rita and Kohta:"*confused* Huh?"

Woman:"So that's what this is about! This protection you're offering is just talk! The people at this mansion are trying to control us through force! Our world has become this violent and it's a problem for people all over Asia! How could you do this?!"

Saya:"Why are you bringing up the rest of Asia?"

Woman:"*turns to the other survivors* Listen up, everyone! That man telling us to kill people- No, this is the daughter of that man who is coercing us into thinking that killing is acceptable!"

Y/N:"I'm sorry, Ma'am but I don't understand what you're trying to say."

Man:"This isn't something that children should be butting in on!"

Komuro:"*baffled* Children? What do you know about the things we've-"

Woman:"Nonsense! We adults are going to call the shots now! Peace loving adults, that is! Not the filthy pigs of the upper class or high schoolers drunk on violence!"