Discord City

In 2076, the city of Asylum falls into chaos when people begin to suffer from Discord Syndrome, a disorder that causes insanity and superhuman speed and strength. Due to this, Asylum becomes a playground for groups of people with this condition, later dubbed Lunatics. Lunatics all over Asylum begin fighting one another in violent and destructive turf wars, threatening the city's inhabitants. Desperate, Asylum's government begins hunting down Lunatics in hopes of finding the cause of Discord Syndrome and making a cure. The series centers on one group of Lunatics called Bad Luck Charm, consisting of the calm and calculated Sven Years, the fast flyer Albert Tross, the destructive Koneko Kuroe, the tech genius Uma Brella, the trap expert Mera Glass, and the mysterious Friday as they fight other Lunatics in a city gone mad.

Characters

Sven Years: The de facto leader of Bad Luck Charm. He is a twenty-year-old young man with platinum blond hair and teal eyes. Originally born to a prestigious family of researchers in Asylum, Sven fell ill with Discord Syndrome as a child, causing his parents to hide him away from the world to do research on him in hopes of curing him. But then, he was kidnapped by a group of Lunatics who held him for ransom. He subsequently escaped and took to the streets when news got out that his parents were murdered by a Lunatic called the Anarchist. Sven is skilled at martial arts and is often armed with a bow and arrow and several knives. He is cool-headed and intelligent but deep down, he holds a fiery rage in his heart and seeks revenge from the Anarchist. His name is a pun for "seven years."

Albert Tross: A nineteen-year-old young man with dark skin, white hair, and golden eyes; the fast flyer of Bad Luck Charm. As a child, his dream was to be a pilot but he was constantly bullied by his classmates for his clumsiness. Eventually, his frustrations led to a boiling point and he ran away from home as soon as he got Discord Syndrome. Albert owns a pair of mechanical wings that allow him to fly at supersonic speeds and is armed with a pair of pistols. Initially insecure, he slowly developed his confidence when he first met Sven and everyone else in Bad Luck Charm, who put their faith in him. Albert had since become close with his peers, but mostly Sven. His name is a pun for "albatross."

Koneko Kuroe: The most destructive member of Bad Luck Charm; an eighteen-year-old girl with dark green hair tied in pigtails and green eyes. Born to a happy family, Koneko's peaceful life came to an abrupt end when burglars broke into her house and killed her parents. Said burglars kidnapped her and tortured her until she got Discord Syndrome, causing her to destroy their hideout and escape. Koneko owns a large handheld gatling gun, "Kitty Bombs," and a giant cat-themed hammer. She is cheerful, proactive, and expressive, but also tends to be impulsive and short-tempered. Her favorite things are cats and art. Her name is a reference to black cats.

Uma Brella: The tech genius of Bad Luck Charm; a nineteen-year-old young woman with dark brown hair, tan skin, and hazel eyes covered with round glasses. Uma is a former robotics prodigy who became a recluse when she first got Discord Syndrome out of fear of hurting everyone around her. That is until she met Sven, who broke into her room and offered her a place in Bad Luck Charm as soon as he saw her achievements. Reluctant at first, Uma changed her mind when she realized Sven's true intentions of hunting down the Anarchist. Uma is responsible for creating the team's gear and is also skilled at hacking. She is quirky, empathetic, and excitable but rarely goes outside. Her name is a pun for "umbrella."

Mera Glass: A member of Bad Luck Charm who is good with traps; a twenty-year-old woman with silvery-gray hair and gray eyes. Mera is a former model who was taken by the Asylum government when she first got Discord Syndrome. However, she escaped her confinement and took to the streets to hide from the government. She subsequently met Sven and the others during her days in hiding and joined them when they promised her a haven. Mera is armed with a whip and an SMG and her traps can take the appearance of boxes, chairs, handcuffs, and nets. She has a doting and kind personality that is shown to her peers but tends to be ruthless when fighting. Her name is a reference to mirrors.

Friday: A member of Bad Luck Charm who suffers from amnesia; twenty years old, has purple hair tied in a ponytail and purple eyes, and an unknown gender. In the past, Friday was an experiment called No. 13 being held at an illegal laboratory on the outskirts of Asylum. That is until they were rescued and taken in by the other members of Bad Luck Charm since they had Discord Syndrome themself. Friday is the only member of the group who doesn't wield a weapon, only fighting with their bare hands, strength, and agility. They have difficulty expressing their emotions and will often be blunt with their response, but they mean well. Their name is a reference to Friday the 13th.

Preview

It was that time of day again for the city of Asylum. As innocent civilians scattered and ran into the nearest building they could find, two groups of six people slowly approached each other. It was another turf war established by the Lunatics, people who had fallen ill with a disorder called Discord Syndrome. The condition caused insanity but also granted the host superhuman strength and agility; when these abilities are active, their eyes turn bright red. When other people in Asylum got Discord Syndrome themselves, the city fell into chaos and the turf wars happened frequently ever since.

As the two groups of Lunatics stood in the empty streets, they stared each other down. Meanwhile, those who were hiding indoors looked through the windows, daring to witness the fight that was about to commence.