Heroes: Keepers of Anorius

Inspired by my DeviantArt: https://www.deviantart.com/lemondrop47

A million years ago, Anorius was a world of peace and tranquillity until two meteors fell from the sky. One was filled with beasts called Somber Ones while the other was filled with a powerful mineral called Celestite. Immediately, brave warriors from around Anorius began using the Celestite to ward off the Somber Ones. They subsequently became known as Heroes as they began to appear around the globe. In the present day, six young fighters-Glimmer, Sun, Winter, Ron, Damien, and Molly-meet each other at the same location. Upon discovering their compatibilities with each other, they all decide to band together as a guild of Heroes to protect the world from the Somber Ones, discovering the hidden secrets of their world in the process.

Characters

Glimmer Moon: The leader of the Anorius Keepers. She is an 18-year-old Snowy Owl with light blue hair tied in a bun and dark blue eyes. Born as the crown princess of Nightvale, she is dedicated to being a strong queen and making her kingdom a better place. She owns a pair of Celestite bracelets dubbed the Celestial Sisters, which is capable of summoning any weapon she pleases and firing blue blasts of energy. Though she is responsible and determined, she lacks social interaction. Her physical prowess prompted her mother to send her away to a Hero Facility in Bloomsdale to not only become a Hero but to make friends.

Sun Li: The peacekeeper of the Anorius Keepers. He is a 17-year-old panda with orange hair tied in a short ponytail and eyes of the same color. He hails from Sun Valley, where he spent his entire life in a monastery training as a ninja. He is a highly skilled swordsman and can throw a set of shurikens with baffling accuracy. He is considered to be the most peaceful, even on the battlefield. He is also unfamiliar with technology, for his hometown is a rural area. Without question, he is to leave Sun Valley for his new role as a Hero.

Winter Frost: The cold-hearted member of the Anorius Keepers. She is a 17-year-old blue wolf with periwinkle hair tied in a braid, mint green eyes, and purple eyeshadow. Orphaned at a young age, she spent most of her life training under the care of an assassin faction called the Wild Beasts until she defected. She was born with cryokinetic abilities, which give her the advantage of freezing her enemies where they stand; she doesn't know how she inherited them, however. Despite being quiet, sullen, and ruthless, she can be docile at times and is even a talented skater. Now, she finds herself forced to work with five other animals she has never met.

Ron Primrose: The voice of reason for the Anorius Keepers. He is an 18-year-old pink fox with purple hair that reaches his nape and emerald green eyes. He is a high-ranking member of a tribe called the Dragon Riders, which is located in the heart of the Malachite Forest. He is skilled with weapons like whips and a spear and rides a forest dragon named Venus. While he is more mature, selfless, and close with his dragon, he will occasionally lose his temper. Because of his short stature and the color of his fur, he is often mistaken as a girl, much to his chagrin. Now, he and Venus must work with their new partners and each other to defend their cherished planet.

Damien Rogue: The daredevil of the Anorius Keepers. He is a 17-year-old red cat with his bangs hanging on the left side of his head, brown eyes, and a notched left ear. He comes from a large family in Bloomsdale and is a part-time mechanic and martial artist. His fighting style specializes in punching and using his claws for combat purposes. He is optimistic, caring, cocky, obnoxious, and even overprotective with his motorcycle, Rage Rouge. Now, he is excited to take his skills to the next level with his new role as a Hero.

Molly Chite: The undoubtedly fastest member of the Anorius Keepers. She is a 16-year-old green rabbit with a messy green bob cut and gray eyes. She is Damien's childhood friend, having lived in Bloomsdale as well. Like her friend, she is a skilled martial artist but is way quicker on her feet and hands; she will occasionally use nunchucks in battle. She is peppy and extroverted, yet she can get easily confused and is just as obnoxious as Damien. Now, she becomes qualified as a Hero in hopes of traveling around the world with Damien as a Hero. (Her name is a pun for malachite.)

Preview

Glimmer was stunned by a large number of Hero candidates that stood inside the lobby. As she looked around, she began to notice all sorts of emotions within the crowd. Some were excited while others wore faces of anxiety. Some animals also wore stoic expressions as they stood in their spots. Those who appeared indifferent gave Glimmer an eerie vibe, but she just shook her head and kept walking.

Some of the candidates held a variety of weapons like swords, bows, shields, spears, etc. Others didn't hold weapons at all. However, their clothes had all sorts of lethal-looking accessories. Glimmer noticed blades sticking out the soles of a lemur's boots while a bull had spikes on the rings of his fingers. The owl couldn't help but feel anxious as she kept noticing candidates with those features on their apparel. She felt as if she didn't stand a chance against them, but she wouldn't know if she didn't try and face them head-on.

"Attention, all candidates," a voice from the speakers above said. With that, Glimmer looked up as well. "Please make your way to the stadium immediately. The Examiner will be waiting for your arrival in five minutes."

In response, all candidates made their way through a door with the word stadium above it. With a nod, Glimmer followed them without question and began to anticipate what will happen next.