Shimmer Girls

Andromeda "Andi" Starr leads the up-and-coming pop girl group, Shimmer Girls. However, her life is far from ordinary. Her mother belongs to the Star Guard, an all-female faction of warriors that safeguard the magical realm of Stelle against evil forces. But recently, an army of evil beings under the command of the sorceress Hecate poses a threat to both Stelle and Earth. On her seventeenth birthday, Andi receives five magical relics that transform a user into a Star Guard as long as they are female. She reveals her secret to her fellow members, Rosa, Odette, Kairi, and Yara, giving each of them a Star Guard relic. Soon, the girls take on the role of Star Guards, defending Earth against Hecate's forces while also managing their careers as pop stars.

Characters

Andromeda "Andi" Starr: The leader and main vocalist of Shimmer Girls. Andi is the daughter of Star Guard Cassiopeia and Ryan Starr, the leader of the now-disbanded boy band, Polaris. She was only six years old when Hecate's forces first attacked Earth during one of Polaris' concerts. After this incident, her mother was forced to return to Stelle to resume her duties, but she visits her daughter once a year on her birthday. Andi is a multi-talented individual who excels in singing and dancing. Additionally, she participates in karate classes and receives training in magic from Star Guard Athena, an acquaintance of Cassiopeia. Although she faces challenges as both an idol and a Star Guard, she is attentive, reliable, and protective of her friends and loved ones. Andi's chosen relic is a choker, and a star represents her emblem.

Kairi Mizuno: The main dancer of Shimmer Girls. Kairi has been dancing her entire life, having grown up immersed in the world of dance. She is well-loved by her fans for her cheerful and lively persona, earning her various endearing nicknames such as "Bubbles" and "Worldwide Cutie." After discovering Andi's secret and obtaining a Star Guard relic from her, Kairi develops hydrokinetic abilities and weaponizes a bubble wand. Although she may seem absent-minded occasionally, she possesses a keen intuition and learns quickly. Kairi's chosen relic is a pair of earrings, and a teardrop represents her emblem.

Rosa Flores: Andi's childhood friend and the co-leader of Shimmer Girls. Rosa is the niece of former Polaris member Arlo, who she idolizes. Throughout her childhood, she remained a constant companion to Andi, especially after Cassiopeia returned to Stelle. As a result of her close friendship with Andi, she was the only member of Shimmer Girls to know her friend's secret and the first to be bestowed a Star Guard relic. After acquiring her relic, Rosa gains the power to manipulate plants and uses a whip made of plant material. Although she is kind and loyal to everyone she meets, she tends to be overprotective of them. Rosa's chosen relic is a hairclip, and a flower represents her emblem.

Yara Abdul: The youngest member of Shimmer Girls. Yara was a contestant in the live singing competition Sing Your Heart Out!, which she won. Following her triumph, she was greeted by former Polaris member Martin, who recruited her to Shimmer Girls on Andi's behalf. After discovering Andi's secret and obtaining a Star Guard relic from her, Yara develops pyrokinetic abilities and can shoot fire from her fingers. At first, she lacked confidence in her singing abilities, but participating in Sing Your Heart Out! helped her gain self-assurance. Joining Shimmer Girls further contributed to her spirit. Yara's chosen relic is a bracelet, and a flame represents her emblem.

Odette Sparks: The main rapper of Shimmer Girls. Before joining Shimmer Girls, Odette used to perform on the streets. An astonished Andi noticed her talent during one of her performances and decided to recruit her to Shimmer Girls. After discovering Andi's secret and obtaining a Star Guard relic from her, Odette develops electrokinetic abilities and fights with special boots that harness lightning. Although she may come across as brash to certain individuals, she possesses a gentle and tender side that only reveals itself to her close friends. Odette's chosen relic is a belt, and a lightning bolt represents her emblem.

Preview

Yara hesitated, fidgeting with her fingers. "Um, so, Stelle, the Star Guard, your mom, and Hecate..." She paused briefly.

"I know it's a lot to take in, but it's true," Andi said. "The creature that attacked us just now happens to be one of Hecate's monsters."

"So, you knew that thing would come and disrupt our concert?" Kairi asked.

"No." Andi shook her head.

"But you knew what it was from the moment you saw it?" Kairi furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yes."

"Wait a minute!" Odette signaled with a T-shape made from her hands. "Let me get this straight, your mom is some kind of magical girl from another dimension and this Hecate lady is the big bad here?"

"I guess you could put it that way..." Andi said with a shrug.

"How long have you known about all this?!" Odette demanded.

"My whole life."

"Your whole life?! How could you not tell us about this, Andi?! We're a freakin' team here!" The blonde turned to Rosa. "And Rosa, why aren't you saying anything?!

"Because I knew from the start," Rosa replied, and the room fell quiet.

"WHAT?!" exclaimed Odette, disrupting the quietness.

"What about that transformation thing you did earlier? How did you pull that off?" Yara asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Here." Andi reached behind her neck and unclasped her choker, displaying it to the other girls. "This choker is a Star Guard relic. Every Star Guard has one and it gives them the power to transform."

"Where did you get that?" Kairi asked out of curiosity.

"My mom gave it to me last night," she answered as she re-fastened her choker.

"Your mom was here last night? Why didn't you introduce us?!" Odette retorted.

"Odette, just calm down." Rosa put a hand on the blonde's shoulder.

Yara pointed her finger at Andi's choker and asked, "Did she just give you that?"

"Actually, I have four other relics that came with it," Andi said as she stood up. "They're at my house and I want to show them to all of you."