Quantum Warriors

In a nameless galaxy lies the planet Zelfrei, a world of unsteady peace. The planet is inhabited by humans, monsters, humanoids with bestial features called Chimeras, and warriors that control a force called the Quantum; this form of a fighter is commonly known as a Quantum Warrior. One such Quantum Warrior, a Chimera named Marelle Tekos, travels to the capital city of Bellatrix, initially in search of a blacksmith. Over there, she crosses paths with Arhea Yalen and the two are forced to work together when they are inadvertently pulled into a war between Chimeras, Quantum Warriors, and a dark unity called the Hollow Ones.

Characters

Marelle Tekos: A traveling Quantum Warrior. She is an 18-year-old Chimera with black shoulder-length hair, pale skin, ruby red eyes, and cat-like features like ears and a tail. Orphaned at a young age, she was raised and trained by another Quantum Warrior who she looked up to until she was old enough to leave his custody. She wields a pair of dual kamas that she can channel the Quantum through and can even control fire. Though she takes a serious demeanor when fighting, she is nonchalant and snarky. Now, she is traveling to Bellatrix for a blacksmith.

Arhea Yalen: A human who lives a simple life in Bellatrix. She is as old as Marelle with blonde hair tied in a short ponytail, fair skin, and blue eyes. She works as a waitress in a restaurant called Altair's and lives alone in a small apartment. She isn't a skilled fighter, but she does practice archery as a hobby whenever she isn't serving customers. She is independent and a hard worker but she tends to lose her temper when frustrated. Now, she is forced to kiss her simple life goodbye when she crosses paths with Marelle.

Preview

"So, let me get this straight," Arhea said as she vacuumed the floor. "You're some kind of Quantum Warrior?"

"Yep," Marelle nodded, munching on a roll of bread as she lied down on the couch. "It's a complicated lifestyle, but I love it. I traveled a lot over the years and I fought plenty of bad guys during my travels."

"Then, why are you even here?" The blonde girl asked.

"In Bellatrix or your apartment?" The Chimera looked up at her.

"Both."

Swallowing the munched-up bread in her mouth, she sighed. "I'm here in Bellatrix for a blacksmith and nothing else. I only need someone who is good with metal, crafting and fixing weapons."

"And my apartment?" Arhea asked.

"Some random moron tried to rob you. I had to do something with him," Marelle answered before placing a hand on her bandaged wound. "That's how I got wounded in the process, so I won't be fighting for a while."

"So, does that mean you're going to stay here until your wound closes?"

"Unfortunately for you..." The cat-eared girl said with a nod.

Clicking her tongue and sighing, the blonde girl said, "If that's the case, might as well have a roommate. It does get lonely here. You can stay on one condition: when your body is fully healed, you have to help me around the house."

"Fine," Marelle sat up to face her. "Only if you help me find a blacksmith."

With that done, the girls shook hands, forging an agreement to help each other.