𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟰𝟮

Wrong

Wrong.

And thankfully it was before the two hour mark of having this stupid thing up my nose, that Ezrah came into my room with Socks and Puddles. Because I now clutch both of them while trying not to move my face at all, seeing as it shoots searing pain through my nose.

Tears flow from my eyes, but having lived with my mother for so long taught me how to keep my face perfectly still. If it weren't for what I now know as the heart monitor beeping I would've looked dead.

Usok has moved, now asleep on the pull out couch and Adonis on the chair that isn't full of mountains of different things.

My eyes move around the walls, and stop when I see a bunch of drawings on the wall.

I know none of brothers could've made those, and the big signatures stating Noor makes it harder for me not to move my face.

I want to smile, and laugh at myself for not believing they'd think of me like this.

They drew me pictures. Me.

"They came here everyday," I almost jump when Adonis speaks, I can only see the top of his head so I figured he was sleeping.

I hum in question, not even trying to move my head. It felt weird to make noise as well.

If only Usok were awake, maybe he could get the nurses to give me the stuff that takes away the pain.

I'm not scared of the medicine anymore, it was helping me to not have seizures. When I threw up the medicine, I had one. Though, I still hate taking it.

But, if I don't have to swallow it, and I don't have to look then I'm fine with it.

"Your friends. They'd talk to you too. Could you hear?" Adonis continues.

Woah, slow down. They came here everyday?

My heart bursts, filling me with warmth.

I had always been so cold with my mother.

"Mhm," I answer his question.

It's silent for a minute, I assume he's surprised.

"You did?" He is, in fact, surprised as he moves to look over me.

I hum again, looking over his face. He has much more details to look at than the ceiling.

My eyes flicker to the scar he has on his face. I have one of those too.

"Mhm," I hum once more when he doesn't quiz me anymore.

"All of it?" He asks, a dip in the bed indicating he sat down on the bed.

I hum in defiance, I sure wish I heard all of it. Though, I don't quite remember anything. Maybe I did hear all of it, but only remember little glimpses.

My hand is taken into his hold, engulfed in his hand which is so very very warm. It comforts me unimaginably well, the way his thumb runs over the top of my hand, right where the IV is on my other hand.

"Do you need pain medication?" His voice is in a soft whisper as he says this, the atmosphere around me calm. The rooms lights are dimmed, windows closed and blinds drawn closed.

This time, when I hum a yes it is broken apart by sobs, making my face hurt excessively worse, emitting more tears to flow down my face. The cycle, sadly and dispiritedly continues like this.

The door to my room opens and blearily I can see a nurse from the corner of my eye putting something into my IV with a syringe.

I can feel it going into my veins, making them cold, running from my hand and traveling through my body.

Tears still flow down my face, as Adonis slowly pulls me into his hold. So gentle, so soft, so caring.

He positions my head so it's laying comfortably on his chest, my legs pulled so I'm in a little ball. It's how I lay when I'm scared and try to comfort myself, I realize.

The nurse leaves quickly, and the medicine starts working soon after she does. I sigh in relief, tears falling in both alleviation and sorrow.

Adonis' hand, which was once holding mine, now rests on my head, keeping it from moving. Normally, I would hate it, push it off of me, try and get my head to move. So I can move it. So I can control my body.

Though now, it comforts me, for some strange reason. The way he's holding me so tenderly and thoughtfully, the way his thumb mimics his earlier movements by slowly caressing my hair with his thumb.

It comforts me in unimaginable ways.

"Is your IV working?" He asks. I notice how everyone strays away from the word medicine, even it be medication instead they seem to be satisfied.

I nod slowly, as if testing my own response. And, I'm right, it is working. No pain ricochets from my nose to my brain, and then around my face. No pain at all.

Adonis hums in delight, "Good. I could tell how much it was hurting you. If it hurts again tap me and I'll get more for you. Okay?"

I nod once more, elated that I won't have to suffer again.

Now that the pain is gone, I take the opportunity to also stretch my limbs, seeing as they've been resting in this bed for the past almost week.

I groan when I stretch, a small smile resting on my face. That felt good.

Adonis chuckles, "We can take a lap around the room in a minute."

My nose scrunches, and although the pain is now gone, I can still feel the tube in my nose and down my throat.

A knock resonates throughout the room, my heart stuttering in surprise. Adonis had earlier told me almost everyone was busy today, seeing as it's Monday. Thankfully, since I'm still ahead in school, albeit missing almost a quarter of the first semester, I don't have to do any work here in the hospital.

When no one moves or says anything, the door slowly opens, a squeak emitting from the door, bouncing off the walls and shooting straight into my ears.

I look to who is behind it, and my breathing stops.

Zara.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Sorry I haven't been uploading! My sister took her computer back and I can never write on my phone.

These next few chapters are going to be wild holy shit you aren't even ready.

I apologize for the short chapter, but I'm planning on stealing my sisters computer and uploading more today.

Thoughts? Feedback? Let me know!

QOTD: Favorite type of pasta?

Toodles!