Prologue

Steam billowed across the bustling station, children easing onto the train, the words Hogwarts Express barely distinguishable under the thick layer of soot. Hermione Granger stood straight, beaming at the work of art she called her daughter, gripping her husband, Ron Weasley, hand tightly. Rose stood awkwardly under her parent's gaze, fidgeting. First days of school were always slightly awkward.

Especially if your parents are world-famous national heroes.

Rose twirled a strand of her loose, frizzy hair. Whenever old friends of the Weasleys look at her, they would squeal on about how she has her mothers face, or her fathers colours!Unfortunately,her frizzy red hair, beaver teeth, and her thin layer of freckles that danced across her nose, didn't resemble the stunning beauty of her mother, no matter how frequently Hermione told her she was just the same at her age...

Her mother grinned nervously now, handing Rose her old suitcase.

"Send an owl as soon as you arrived, don't forget to do your homework, be on time for classes," Hermione suddenly tackled her daughter into a bear hug.

"And remember, I love you, my Rosie Posie."

Rose felt her face go hot, seeing onlookers watched dopily. Wrestling herself out of her mothers arms, she made a grab at her suitcase. Her father was glaring at something behind her, whispering at his wife. Turning around, a family of three leapt into her vision. A boy, her age, glanced back, carrying a nervous frown. A mop of silvery blonde hair fell across his face, making him flick out the way every few minutes. His parents waited impatiently, the father giving Ron a curt, cold nod.

"Malfoy." Her dad growled, folding his broad arms across his chest.

"So that's little Scorpious. Make sure you beat him in every test, Rosie. Thank god you got your mothers brains." He muttered, shaking his head slightly.

Rose smiled at her father, as Hermione scolded him. Suddenly, James leaped out from the steam that had settled across the station, frantically yelling about Teddy, his god sibling, snogging his cousin, Victoire. Behind him, emerged Harry and Ginny, grinning tiredly at their son. Rose quickly spotted Albus, her other cousin, hiding behind her uncle. Unlike Rosie, he was shy, his face buried behind the coat of his father.

"Al, wanna go onto the train together?" She asked, as it was his first year as well. Albus just shook his head, motioning at his dad. Nodding her head understandingly, she waved goodbye at her teary-eyed parents. Stepping onto the Hogwarts train, her new life buzzing through her like electricity.