Herbology

Herbology occurred in Greenhouse Three. Rosie rushed into the glass building, a damp wave of humid air sinking through her as she pushed open the glass door. Thick leafy plants surrounded her, stacked neatly in clay pots across high up benches, some even hanging from the ceiling as Rose looked up, she saw half of the glass roof was covered in a thick dark moss, shielding parts of the greenhouse from the soft morning light that poured through. Rose spotted her friends amongst the bunch of Gryffindor and Ravenclaw students crowding around the front of the classroom.

She scurried towards them.

The fourth years huddled around an old splintered wooden table. Upon it stood a pastel pink plant, closely resembling a large Faberge egg. Professor Longbottom suddenly appeared from behind them and gently pushed past the pack of students, his deep voice booming across the greenhouse.

"Welcome back everybody!"

He gave the class an earnest smile. He watched his students, but his grin dropped when he saw everyone hurrying towards their benches.

"Wait, no, hold on; nobody go to their seats yet!" Rose froze, her hand clutching a chair, glancing at Roe beside her. Priya, her other best friend was already leaning back in the chair in front of Rose, eyebrows raised.

Rose had only met Priya last year, but their friendship quickly flourished. Whilst Rose and Roe were almost always friends with everyone (with the exception for Scorpius) Priya was at the top of the popularity ladder. It might have had something to do with her being a Metamorphmagus. Breathtakingly pretty, (well... most of the time) her hair and eye colour seemed to be constantly changing, but her round face was set in a more permanent state; her big eyes crinkling whenever someone would tell a joke, her nose small and dainty. Despite her parents being both Malaysian, Priya had a posh English accent; the only thing she couldn't change about herself.

Priya tucked a loose strand of her thick jet black hair behind an ear, giving Rose a reassuring smile.

"For the first few weeks, Herbology will have assigned seating." Everybody groaned quietly, some students protesting.

Rose frowned and crossed her arms, silently groaning. Priya chuckled at Roses reaction and Roe fondly rolled her eyes.

Professor Longbottom whipped out a crumpled piece of parchment  from his robe, and the class quickly quieted, anxious to find out who they would sit with.

"Albus Potter, Angus Lane. Please sit at the top bench." Rose eyed her cousin, watching Albus sighed with relief. Angus was a decent enough boy, a tad clumsy, but was on the Quidditch team with Albus; his meaty fingers were normally curled around a bludger bat.

"Aurora Jagoe, Felix Berry." Roe smirked. Felix was one of handsomest boys in Ravenclaw.

"Jade Silbert, Jensen Laidlaw." Professor Longbottom continued to read the list.

Rose realised that the Professor had ordered the seating arrangement by first name, and grinned. Priya was close to Rose name wise, meaning she could enjoy Herbology with her best friend, instead of a random student.

"Oscar Battersea, Priya Feng."

Her heart dropped and the small smile that adored Roses face disappeared in a flash. Frantically trying to reassure herself, she almost didn't hear her own name called out.

"Rose Weasley, Scorpius Malfoy."