𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀-𝑶𝑵𝑬

Billy was looking at you like he couldn't believe what was happening, as if he was living in a waking dream. He kept touching you; gentle caresses over your arms, thumbs brushing over your cheekbones, lips peppering your jawline in soft kisses that had your knees almost buckling. 

It felt better than you could have imagined, your body alight with every shred of contact he spared you. Everything you'd been expecting when you kissed Steve and more came rushing through you when Billy kissed you. It was incredible. When his lips return to yours once more, you commit his taste to memory, fingertips burying into thick blonde locks to keep him close.

"We should--" You begin as best you can against his ravenous appetite for your lips, though he simply silences you with his own once more.

"Bedroom?" He asks, but you wrench yourself away and giggle at the suggestion, shaking your head. "I was going to say stop." You rest the palm of your hand against his chest to keep him at a safe distance so you could actually try and think for a moment. Being in his arms was making that annoying organ in your chest have all the control that your brain wanted.

"Oh, but my idea is so much more fun." he teases, leaning in once more but you slip under his arm and away from him, attempting to maintain a sensible attitude though the grin on your lips betrayed you. "Billy..." You warn and watch as he turns to face you, a devilish smirk cutting into handsome features. He steps towards you and you step back, "Stop that."

"Stop what?" He challenges, stepping closer once more and delighting in the playful air between the two of you. "I mean it. I need to think for a second, being close to you is... making it hard to breathe."

He raises his hands in defeat and stops in his tracks, even taking a few steps back to lean against the kitchen counter and you feel a rush of relief. It wasn't that you didn't want to continue the attention he was lavishing upon you, but two minutes ago you were bickering and then it led to... whatever that was and you were still kind of high so you wanted to slow things down a notch and give yourself a minute.

Sure, you were always making stupid decisions, but you didn't want this to be something you regretted. This felt like something important and you wanted to make the right choice for once.

"I see your mind ticking away, what's it telling you?" He asks plainly, that smirk dropping into a tender smile as he looks you over. You risk moving closer once more, leaning on the cool marble beside him - at a safe distance, of course. "That maybe we should talk about what just happened..." You urge, trying to maintain your playful demeanor despite the worrying knot in your stomach.

So, you kissed. Did that change anything? Sure, it was that final push you needed to fully admit that you wanted him. That you felt things for him that were more than you wanted to believe, and it told him as much as well from the way you'd melted under his embrace -- but it didn't change your reasons for not going there in the first place. 

This was just... your heart winning over your head in a moment of weakness. 

Billy groans at your suggestion, rolling his eyes in a way that was uncharacteristically dramatic for him. "You always want to talk about shit, can't we just enjoy the moment together? Maybe recreate it?" His brows wiggle suggestively at you and you're too late in stifling the laugh it draws from you. He was so easy to be around when he was this sweet version of himself. He made it difficult to resist, in fact.

"That's not how I work, you should know that by now." Your words seem to settle his mood, those dazzling blue eyes searching your own as he angles his body to face you, sighing quietly through his nose. "Yeah, I do. However frustrating it is." He admits, lifting a large hand to brush the backs of his fingertips over your cheek, your skin tingling from the contact.