Hangover

We were drunk as hell...

We were playing the floor is lava and we have to get to the kitchen table which was the castle. Cameron leaped from the couch to one of the rugs.

"That doesn't count!" I yelled "rugs aren't counted as stones!"

"You should have told me that before the game started!" he yelled back "No turning back now!"

He leaped again from the rug to the kitchen chair and to the table.

"I won!" he screamed "Bow down to your king!"

"Unfair player!" I shouted and took another leap too from the kitchen counter to the table where he is. I missed my left foot and was about to fall when Cameron grabbed my hand. We landed lying on the kitchen table laughing and looking up at the tall ceiling.

"We should probably go to bed" Cameron said climbing off the table and in one swift movement scooped me up. He carried me to my room tripping a little on the way. He dropped me to the bed and tucked me in.

"I'm not sleepy yet" I said

"What?" Cameron asked looking back at me. I pointed at the grand piano and smiled.

"Play for me"

Cameron glanced at the piano then to me "Only this once, okay?"

He sat down on the bench and I stood up to the side of the piano. He placed his fingers on the keys.

"I'm drunk so if I might get it wrong" he started playing and I suddenly recognized it. It was 'Rainmaker by Orisinal' I watched Cameron's hands move elegantly through the keys.

I closed my eyes and listened to the soft piano. It was so relaxing that I was starting to get sleepy. The piano suddenly stopped and I opened my eyes and saw Cameron looking at me.

"Okay... I can't take it anymore" Cameron stood up and carried me from the piano and dropped me on the bed.

"Cameron..."

"No, don't talk" Cameron was on top of me his legs outside mine "You're making it hard for me than it already is"

He ran his fingers through his hair and exhaled loudly. I waited for him and when he finally looked at me he sighed.

"I can't...I just... no, not like this"

"You can't what?" I asked. He stood up and looked at me lying on the bed.

"I'm taking a cold shower!" he yelled and stormed out of the room.

That was probably the last moment I saw him. I tried staying awake wondering if he'll come back but the alcohol hit me and I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up next morning my head aching. I reached for the water on the side table and stood up.

I went out of the room my legs wobbly. Where the hell is my medicine bag I needed an aspirin pronto. I walked to the kitchen and found a container full of what looks like an aspirin.

I took two and dropped it in my water. I drank it all up and closed my eyes waiting for the medicine to take its hit. I sat on the kitchen counter and rested my head on the cabinets.

I heard footsteps and when I opened them Cameron was already in the kitchen. His hair was sticking out and he wasn't wearing any shirt.

"Morning"

"Morning" I replied back and handed him the glass.

He took it from me and refilled it with water. He took one aspirin and dropped it inside the glass. I stared at him as he closed his eyes and rubbed his temples. We both heard a smash and we were suddenly alert and awake.

"Cameron!" a lady voice called out "Camerooooon!"

A woman entered the kitchen, she was probably in her late early fifties. She had wrinkles above her forehead and her ears sagged a little. She had those elegant updos and she wore an elegant black dress. Pearls cascaded her neck and ears and she had full makeup.

"Cameron!" she yelled and stopped her tracks when she saw me. I didn't get it at first but then I noticed the situation. 1. We both have bed hair 2. I was wearing his pajamas 3. Cameron was topless 4. We were both hangover as fuck

"Aunt!" Cameron's eyes widened "What are you doing here?"

"Well... I live in Vegas now and I heard you were...umm..." her eyes never removed from me and I climbed off the counter shyly.

"Excuse me, who are you?" Cameron's aunt looked at me curiously

"Sorry, my name is Lauren Greenly" I said "Sorry for my interruption"

"Cameron" she said still looking at me "Living room, now"

"Please, excuse us" she said smiling and went to the living room with Cameron behind him.

I tried not to eavesdrop but I couldn't help it. I stayed in the kitchen listening to their conversation.

"Was that the Lauren Greenly you kept talking to me about?" she whispered "She's very pretty"

"I know"

"I thought she rejected you" she blurted out "You were pretty mad about it over the phone"

"What- No, I didn't ask her anything yet. We're friends, okay?"

"So is she your girlfriend now?

"No"

I heard a smack and Cameron yelped in pain.

"Auntie, what the hell. It's not what it looks like" Cameron explained "We were both-"

"I didn't raise you to become like your father!"

"You didn't raise me at all I-"

I heard another smack and Cameron yelped again "What do you mean I didn't raise you! Who do you think owned all those maids who took care of you"

"Whatever, what made you come here?" Cameron asked

"What do you mean 'Whatever'. Ever since you moved out of Quevania you've been speaking differently!" she cleared her throat before proceeding "Anyway I'm here because you're wanted in Quevania. Your uncle just died and the next position as duke is you"

"I won't go"

I shyly came out of the kitchen "I'm sorry, I'll just-" I pointed at the bathroom hoping they'd take the hint.

"Lauren!" I jumped at her loud voice "why don't you come to Quevania with Cameron? he could really use the company"

"Oh, I don't think that's-"

"Nonsense, I'll book the plane tickets now" she looked at me and then to Cameron deadly.

"You two are going to Quevania, whether you like it or not"