ѕєνєηту-єιgнт

•·················•·················•
ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ
ʙʏ ᴋɪʀꜱxᴛʏ. ʟɪɴᴋ ɪꜱ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ.
•·················•·················•

Listen to HeldAGhost by surrenderdorothy
༺༻

Vienna sat, legs crossed, on a brick wall outside the police station with a cigarette between her lips. She'd spent the day in an interrogation room but she wasn't being interrogated. No, they were comforting her. Asking her such absurd questions.

She ignored them. She hadn't said a word since the early afternoon when she had been talking to Draco, moments before he was killed, right in front of her.

But she did ask if she could smoke. Even though she was underaged, they didn't deny her. Maybe they felt sorry for her. Maybe they thought she would answer them after.

But at least she's got a cigarette now. Sitting on the damp brick wall as the night sky lured above her.

Mascara was smudged under her eyes and she still wore that little black dress, which she was desperate to get out of. But she made no effort to.

She couldn't really be bothered to do anything.

"Are you finished?" The police officer asked from beside her. He was sent to accompany her. Not to keep her restrained. But to make sure she was okay.

Idiots.

Vienna almost laughed, they truly believed she was innocent. If anything, Draco's the innocent one. She made him kill. She made him into a monster. Just like he said. He was going to kill her. The boy who she loved—still loved—he was going to kill her—

"Come on," the officer said, "It's cold out here."

Draco had never loved her.

Vienna didn't object when the officer gently caressed her arm and led her back into the police station.

༺♥༻

It was around three am when Owens walked into the interrogation room. Vienna only raised her head from the table she had been staring at, to see him. He wore a black suit and his hair was a little more dishevelled than usual. She only looked long enough to see him lower his chin in a nod to the officer who had been watching her.

"Hello, Vienna," he said as he pulled out the chair in front of her, making a loud screech as he did so.

She didn't answer him. He killed Draco.

"I understand you haven't been talking much," Owens sighed softly with a hint of disappointment.

"Why did you kill him," she looked up at him again, her eyes pooling with tears and her voice trembling.

His jaw tensed, "he was going to kill you. I had no choice."

"No—" Vienna shook her head and then buried her face in her hands. She squeezed her eyes shut forcing the tears away.

"He was manipulating you," Owens began, "Draco killed your father and forced you with him and then he was going to kill you. And he would have killed you if I hadn't stopped him."