σηє-нυη∂яє∂ & єℓєνєη

•·················•·················•
ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ ʟɪɴᴋ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ.
•·················•·················•

After speaking with Antonio in her large office, Vienna went to her dormitory. It was late enough that most students were in their common rooms, leaving the corridors almost empty. But the few students that still roamed gave her curious glances. She didn't bother with any evil glare back or no snappy comment. No, she simply kept walking like they were nothing but a speck of dust, lingering in the old, dingy castle.

Vienna knew she was the talk of the school and it felt like everyone knew everything about her life and nothing at all, all at the same time. Let them believe what they want and let the rumours spread like a plague. They'll never know the truth--never know the pain--never know what she went through.

Vienna assumed Antonio would have informed Natalie of her return but evidently not because Vienna opened her dormitory door and saw Pansy and Natalie tangled in kisses under her sheets. A moan came from one of them and Vienna simply stood, brows raised, in the doorway.

"Cute bra, Parkinson," Vienna leaned on one foot, a devious grin on her lips as she watched them swear and pull the sheets further on them.

Then, Natalie literally jumped out of her bed and run toward Vienna wearing only her little red panties and a thin tank top. Natalie didn't hesitate when she threw her arms around Vienna.

"Oh my God," she mumbled, "what the bloody hell are you doing here.

Vienna wrapped her arms around Natalie's waist, "I thought Antonio would have told you. I came back to do the exams."

Natalie broke away from their embrace and looked at Vienna with a mix of emotions. Anger. Joy. Relief. Confusion. "After what happened on your birthday—Jesus, Vienna—Ron was murdered by Hermione and I couldn't find you anywhere— Pansy and I spent the whole night searching for you. I—I thought she had fucking killed you too."

She almost did

"You think I'd let that psycho bitch kill me?" Vienna huffed out a laugh even though she truly felt bad for Natalie. Vienna had just left. Gone. Vienna knew she had to be careful with her words, she should have asked Owens what he told Antonio. That was a mistake on them both.

"I didn't know what to think," Natalie seemed almost out of breath, "I went to Antonio and asked if she knew where you were. She said you went to stay with a family friend for a while. Why didn't you say goodbye?"

So that is what Owens had said, smart man, to know she wouldn't want anyone knowing Hermione Granger and Ron fucking Weasley had tried to kill her and almost succeeded.

"I know—I'm sorry," Vienna truly meant it, "I thought it would be better not to."

"Never," Natalie shook her head, "You're my best friend and I love you to pieces. Please never leave like that again. I was so worried. Especially with everything that you've been dealing with."

Her expression was sad and filled with guilt. Natalie was referring to Draco who everyone still believed to be dead. Vienna was supposed to be grieving her boyfriend.

"I had to get away for a while," Vienna came up with a lie and it was far too easy, "I stayed with a family friend in London and spent my time healing. I wasn't in a good place before but now. . . I'm better now." That was the truth. She was better now.