тнιяту

•·················•·················•
ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ꜱᴘᴏᴛɪꜰʏ ᴘʟᴀʏʟɪꜱᴛ
ʙʏ ᴋɪʀꜱxᴛʏ. ʟɪɴᴋ ɪꜱ ɪɴ ʙɪᴏ.
•·················•·················•

Vienna sat at breakfast with Natalie and Pansy the next morning, after a restless night. She didn't get an ounce of sleep. And now she sits at the table, everyone laughing and talking around her while she is sat there, in deep thought. Her hair un-brushed and dark bags circles around her eyes and no breakfast in front of her. She can't. She can't eat. Not with the twisting sickness in her gut.

Her head rests on both her hands as she looks at the detailing of the wooden table she leans on.

Why? Why has she got the box? Why does she have those things? Why? Why? What does this mean? How did she get all of it? The photos? How? Why? And worst of all. How does she know about her mother? How? It's not possible? No one knows what happened! What really happened—

And not only that but in only four days does she have to return to her father's yells and beatings. She lied to Draco. He will hit her the second she walks in that door. She ran away the last time she saw him before he could finish.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Her leg bounced under the table uncontrollably.

"Vienna?"

The voice was distant. Her thoughts were too loud to hear anything else.

"Vienna?"

This time Vienna looked up, Natalie sat in front of her with Pansy by her side.

"Hmm" Vienna looked up as she wiped her head.

"We were just saying how Pansy is going to spend Christmas with me," Natalie said, a big happy smile on her face, "her parents are going to America this year and Pansy was going to spend Christmas alone—"

Natalie's voice trailed off as the word alone stuck into Vienna's head. Alone. That's how Vienna will spend Christmas. That's how she always has spent Christmas. Alone.

"Vienna?" Natalie's voice made Vienna jump.

"Jesus, Vie. What is up with you today? I'm trying to talk to you and you keep zoning out," Natalie went on.

"I'm sorry," Vienna muttered, her voice barely a whisper.

"I thought you would be excited for us, did you even sleep at all last night—oh—wait—shit."

"It's half term on Friday. You go home—" Natalie's face saddened as she realised, "—I'm sorry I forgot"

"It's okay" Vienna forced the words out.

"What is it?" A confused Pansy asked.

"It's complicated" Natalie answered, and Vienna was glad she didn't say anything else.

"Don't worry. Honestly, I'm fine" Vienna forced her lips to smile a little. She was anything but fine.

"I'm going to head to English early," Vienna said as she stood up. She just needed to leave. Go.

She walked out of the great hall and her hand came to her stomach when she saw Hermionie walking in with Ginny and Harry at her side. She was going to be sick.

She locked eyes with Hermionie.

Vienna's eyes were wide. Almost wide with fear but Hermione, she looked at Vienna with a petty smile and sweet eyes. Clueless that Vienna now knew about her box of secrets.