𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖎𝖝

ABOUT two months after the worst happened, the hate against Peter has started to die down, just like I said

ABOUT two months after the worst happened, the hate against Peter has started to die down, just like I said. Of course, there are some Mysterio fanatics that harass Peter on social media and in public at every chance they get but for the most part, things have started to calm down. 

I haven't been able to see Peter since the last time I went to his house, since Peter or May didn't want me to get put in any danger. People know that I'm his girlfriend, and I'm not clear from the harassment either. 

So from then, the only way I've been able to communicate with Peter has been on the phone. Trust me, we're on the phone with eachother all day. Sometimes I take phone calls with my other friends, filling in Ja'eda and Von about everything that's happened and they're both pissed that neither of them are in the country to see what's happening for themselves. 

I feel like Rapunzel, stuck in my house for the past four weeks without any way out. Mom and Dad have both refused to let me out of the house for any reason, for my own safety. I totally understand it but it sucks that every other eighteen year old girl spent their summer out with their friends and having fun and I spent mine locked indoors. 

"So, have you sent in your applications yet?" I ask Peter, laying on my bed and holding my phone in front of my face. 

"I literally just finished my MIT one." Peter answers. "You?"

"Same." I respond. 

Going into MIT wasn't my first choice, but I am smart enough to get in. Plus, I'm sure they have basketball team or something that I can join on the side.

"Can you imagine if we both got in?" Peter asks me. "And the rest of our friends too?"

"Yeah but, we'd have to get scholarships so we could actually go." I tell him. 

'Oh, come on," Peter rolls his eyes playfully. "You got the scores and the grades-"

"You think I'm being too pragmatic?"

Shit, I'm turning into MJ. 

"No, no, no." Peter sifts his weight to the other side. "Well...kinda. Have you been hanging out with MJ?"

"Like I've been able to leave the house, let alone go to someone else's." I joke and Peter laughs. "What's that noise?" I ask when I hear something in the background.

"Oh," Peter turns around. "It's Happy, look." Peter flips his camera around to show Happy dead asleep in a chair. "He gave his room to May so he's sleeping down here."

"I still can't believe you moved." I chuckle. "How is it living amongst the rich?"

"I'll answer that question when I actually leave the house." Peter smiles. "I'm stuck here, like you."

I sigh, laying flat on my back instead. "I have a weird question. Does any part of you feel relieved about all this?"

Peter thinks for a little while, chewing the skin of his lower lip. "Ever since I got bit by that spider, I've only had one time where I felt like my life was normal. Or kind of normal, I guess. And...that was when I told you. Because everyone that was in my life who I wanted to know, knew. And it was...perfect."