→ 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙖𝙘𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙬𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙨 𝙡𝙖𝙗

---------------------------------------------

STEVE CONTINUED TO STRUGGLE, FEELING THE RESTRAINT AROUND HIS NECK LOOSEN. "Kill it!" Robin yelled, Nancy hitting the bat repeatedly with the oar that Steve dropped. Eddie was armed himself, terrified as Seb held his hand out to one bat on Steve's stomach. Eddie flinched once he heard a screech of pain, the bat ripping in half from head down. "Holy-" "Nancy! Watch out!" Robin called, Nancy screaming once one bat landed on her back, clawing at her neck. Robin grabbed the creature by it's tail, slamming it onto the ground as Nancy hit it's neck. "Go to Hell!" She screamed at it, Steve being able to grip the one around his neck.

Eddie screamed once he saw another bat fly towards the group, ducking out of the way and hitting it's head once it flew back. The bat lay knocked out on the ground, Eddie letting out terrified yells with each hit to it's head. Seb scanned around the place, seeing multiple bats fly around them. He hadn't even had time to catch his breath from swimming for probably the second time in his life, the whole group silent. The three elder teens watched as Steve repeatedly slammed a bat to the floor by it's tail, gruesomely ripped it in half, breathless. "Guys." Robin spoke, the group looking around as five bats flew at them at all directions. "Jesus H. Christ!" Eddie yelled, Seb panting as he felt blood pour down his nose. Nancy and Eddie got ready, oars in hand before all the bats halted, letting out short noises of stress.

Steve's eyebrows knotted, his breath hitching as he turned around, watching as Seb stood still, hands out as they glowed bright red. Eddie flinched back once a red orb flew to one bat, the two colliding in a bloody explosion. "Shit." Robin spoke, Eddie and Nancy following her sight to Seb, the boy thrusting his hand to another bat, killing it in the same way. Eddie was entranced, obviously grossed out, but entranced none-the-less. The boy killed the rest of the bats in the same way, the group in silence as Seb wiped his nose, turning back to them as Eddie nodded blankly. "Thanks." He spoke, Seb nodding before Steve stumbled, the bats quite literally eating him alive. "Steve!" Nancy spoke, rushing to the boy as Eddie walked over to Seb, holding his shoulders. "You are brilliant." He spoke dreamily, Seb nodding him off and looking past him to Steve.

"Well, they took about a pound of flesh. But other than that, yeah, never better." Steve spoke, Nancy observing him quickly. "Uh, do you guys think these bats have, like, rabies?" Robin spoke, examining the one Seb ripped in half. "What?" Steve asked, Robin gulping. "It's just that rabies are, like, my number one greatest fear. And I think we should get you to a doctor like really soon," Seb stared at the girl blankly, confused. Rabies? He read that only dogs had that- "because once the symptoms set in, it's too late. You're already dead-" Creatures chittered, Seb moving forward quickly to see more bats fly towards them. Eddie was quick to scurry behind Seb, the rest of the group mindlessly doing the same. The bats all flew towards the gate, surrounding it and awaiting another 'Steve', probably.