Chapter 12

Chapter 12 - Perfect match

Classes were through and students flooded the hallway.

I went to my locker and left my binders there. I still haven't seen any of my friends, except from Bri, whom I can't be with because she's practically attached to Jim since that incident in the library. And I don't want to be around sweet couples. Call me bitter, but hey, who could blame me?

Blame him! My mind said when my eyes caught sight of the devil in plain white shirt and washed-out jeans.

I saw Stan walking to my direction. I froze. Shit.

Of course, I'm still afraid of him. He tried to rape me! He should've been suspended or something. As if nothing happened. As if he's done nothing wrong. I feel so little. I feel so.. So unvalued.

I can't move at all. It feels like my feet are somewhat glued to the floor and my whole body is paralyzed.

He came nearer.

I became more stiff.

He's drawn closer.

I felt chills and sweat pouring down my forehead.

Just one more step and his skin will touch mine.

My breathing became uneven and my heart is beating drastically.

"Codie.." He's voice sounded so unfamiliar. Feels like I don't know him at all. Or maybe I never did.

My eyes welled up with tears. I can't move. I can't get away. I need to leave.. I need to stay away from this maniac.

I saw his hand move. I got more scared. It got me thinking. Doesn't anyone around here sees what's going on? Do they even care? Can't they see that it's Stan I'm stuck with and I'm trying to get loose?

Or maybe they just don't care a shit about me..

They just pretended to be..

That hurts even more. And got me scared even more.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Rada? Stay away from her!" I saw Levin charging up to my direction. Fist clenched and I can really see him burning up in anger. His eyes were deadly and his face, god, he looks so hot when he's fired up.

Snap out of it, Codie.

I finally felt my feet walking to meet Levin's direction. The moment I reached him, I hugged him and buried my face in to his chest. The tears I was holding back came pouring out.

"Your timing .. was .. perfect." I said in between my sobs.

"Get lost, Rada." Then we went out to the lawn. I was still holding onto him, scared to let go. I never felt so alone.

We sat on the same spot I sat on this morning. I finally got a grip and stopped crying.

"Where were you all day? I haven't seen you in any of our class. Where's Lena?" It's true. I thought they were absent.

"Lena's back home. She's trying to, uhm, sort things out for something. I don't know. I just got here. I told you I'll be late." He said while flickering with his phone.

"Yeah. But not this late." I bowed down and held my knees to my chest. "You guys left me alone. I got scared." I felt his arms draped around my shoulders and he pulled me in to a hug.

"I'm sorry. We just needed to." I rested my head on his chest and I fell asleep.

I woke up with the sound of tennis balls hitting the ground and Coach Sanders' yelling.