Moving back to you.

Chapter 08 : Levin Estefan

I woke up, feeling shit. I went to my bathroom and looked in the mirror. Oh, the horror. I feel like shit and I look like shit. My hair is tangled and messy. My eye bags are bigger and much more visible. My mouth taste like spoiled milk! Yuck!

I washed up and got myself clean. I wore a blue shirt that says "Holy freak!" On the back. Yes, holy freak! It makes me laugh and I want to laugh today. After all the drama and action yesterday? I definitely deserve a good laugh. I matched it with a black denim shorts and blue Toms shoe.

I went downstairs to grab my breakfast. I hear laughters coming from the dining room and as I remember, my ears are good, but am I hearing Hugh's voice?

"If you guys only saw Stan's face yesterday after Levin beat him up! It was epic!" And there goes the laughter again. I went to check if it's really him I'm hearing.

"Hey, Codie! Come on. Breakfast's served." Hugh invited me to dine. Wait, why is he here? And he's eating with my family? In freaking 7 in the morning? Things are getting weird here in this house. I just nodded and still wondering. "Why exactly are you here?" I asked him as I sit down and grabbed some pancakes. He's busy munching. God, he's so cute. I just watched him eating right in front of me. I was busy staring at his face when Calvin snapped at me and I jolted up.

"He's here to drive you to school. He came here 45 mins ago. Said he wants to check up on you." Dad winked at me and grinned. I rolled my eyes at them and focused on my food. After we ate our breakfast, I grabbed my things and kissed my parents goodbye. Calvin already went off so I have no choice to ride with Hugh. I could've used my scooter but it 'magically' disappeared. I'm betting dad hid it somewhere in the basement. Plotting, eh?

While we're driving to school, Hugh's been singing and grooving to the beat with that silly head of his. "Mind telling me what's this all about?" I interrupted him and he turned his head to face me. He just moved his head according to the beat and then faced the road again. Ignoring my question. Jerk.

We reached the school and parked. Hugh hurriedly got out of his car. He opened the door for me and took my hand. That was odd. Being a gentleman, are we? I smiled at him in surprise and he even took my things and carried them for me.

The moment I placed my foot on the hallway, people came rushing to me and asking questions about what happened to me yesterday. I was being crowded and the noise made me feel nauseous. Hugh parted a way for us to get out of the crowd. Levin was standing by my locker and I remembered the feeling I felt when he touched my face yesterday, again. He saw us and instead of greeting us with a smile, he creased his brows and frowned. He shook his head and walked away.

I kinda sensed he didn't like what he saw. Maybe the sight of Hugh? Yeah, that's probably it. Right? I opened my locker and placed my things. Hugh left and said that he'll drive me home later. I seriously don't know what's the matter with people today. Hugh's being weird. Levin's acting cold. Lena's nowhere to be seen and Bri, too.

I texted Lena to meet me in the quad. I went there and waited for her. Yumi and her squad's there, practicing. She saw me and acted consciously. She sneaks a glance at me every once in a while and it's making me feel uneasy. After 12345 years, Lena came.

"Where have you been?" She just ignored my question and sat next to me. Why do people keeps on ignoring my questions? What the hell's going on? "I saw Hugh with you this morning. He picked you up?" She's not her usual self. She's not smiling. "Yes. Uhm, Lena? Do you know why Levin's acting cold?"

"Uhm. Maybe because you're with Hugh. You know w-why. He still h-h-hates Hugh." Why is she stuttering? It seems like she's keeping something from me. "We better go. History starts in 10 mins."