Chapter 10.1

Note : Every tenth chapter, a different POV will be read. It won't be pure Codie. So, yeah. That's it ^^
-----
Chapter 10: Calvin Ricks Anderson
Hey. Calvin Ricks Anderson here! Cal for short. It's my turn to tell my side about what's happening so far. I've been holding my words in for months and finally, I was given a chance! Hey, author! Thanks! *wink*
So, You guys probably know me and what my paper in this story is, right? For those who forgotten (ouch) here's a short recap. I'm Codie's older brother. A year older. The one who said things to her that made her cry and the one she's calling "the new jerk". Yeah, I'm the new jerk. But let's not go to that point yet. My latest conflict with her will be stated, on my view, don't worry.
Let me tell you things about me. Just like Codie, I made a name in our school. I'm the school's basketball team captain, cliché as it is, but hey! Girls like athletes. Clubs? Well, this one will be funny for some of you. I'm president of the drama club. Yes. Drama club. As in D-R-A-M-A. What can I say? Acting's my nature so why keep it hidden?
Popularity is not out of the question. Well, who can ignore this face? I put the 'good' in good looking. If Codie has ebony black hair and brown eyes, I have them too but not on the same parts. I have brown hair and black eyes. Creepy eyes if you ask me but still, girls melt when these eyes are looking.
So, about Codie. How do I put this? Uhm. I think I'm the one who started her mind-whirling situation. Remember the time when she was having that one-man party? I was listening. She forgot to turn the intercom in her room off and left it open for me. We had a chat over the intercom before she went all sentimental and then went wild in her room and rapped. She just can't stop herself from saying her thoughts out loud.
The moment I heard her say Ash's name, an idea immediately struck to my mind. I turned my intercom off and called Ash. I don't want her to stress herself with questions unknown. If closure's what she wants, then I'll make a way for it to happen.
"Hey dude. Talk to Codie. Clear things up." I said it straight away when he picked up. "Okay." Whoa. Just like that? Okay? I was expecting to do some persuasion. I even listed some tough guy lines to sound awesome but my effort was futile. Tss. "I'm serious Ash."
"I'll do it. But what's in it for me, Calvin?" Right, there's a catch. "Nothing." And then he hung up. What's the problem of that guy? It's been three years for Pete's sake! Can't talk to an ex, tss.
------
Morning came and just like any other student, I hate mornings! Even if it's against my will, I stood up and got ready for school.
I opened my iPod and played Westlife's Hit You with the Real Thing while I'm in the shower. Fact about me, I shower for almost an hour. Can't get enough of the cool water. I don't know why but I love showering.
After I got on my plain blue shirt and faded maong pants, I faced the mirror and "Calvin, you look sexy." I said to myself. I went down to grab breakfast.
"Dad, I'm your only daughter! Unless you tell me that I'm your favorite child," Codie and dad are on the table and having the talk they always have every Friday morning.
"Hey. Now that's unfair!" I butted in and that startled my baby sis. I sat down beside her and saw in front of me, mom's waffles. "Waffles? What's up Mom?" Codie already told you guys what's the meaning of mom's waffles, right? What could it be this time?
"Stop asking and start eating." Mom ordered and I did what she said. I finished and grabbed my things. I went out to the garage and hopped on my black Mazda. I honked and drove.
I arrived at school and parked. I went straight to the locker room and changed to my jersey. I took a basketball from the rack and played for a while in the gym.
After playing, I checked my phone. To my surprise, Ash texted me, asking for Codie's number. I got suspicious so I called him.
"Why?" I asked him right away. Last night, he hung up and now he's asking for my baby sis' number?
"I changed my mind. I want to talk to her. I miss your sister, Ricks." Ugh! I hate being called Ricks. I don't like it. Wait, "You miss her?"
"Yeah. Just give it to me, Calvin." Much better, CALVIN. I ended the call and sent him Codie's number.
When I got out of the gym, I saw Yumi and Stan together in a corner. I can't tell what they're actually doing because I can't stand the sight of Stan. I don't like that guy and if I don't like someone, I don't look at them the way I look at those I admire. But I smell something fishy.
------
I arrived at home even before Codie does. She has practice, what can I say? I jogged up to my parents' room to see if dad's there. I knocked.
"Come in." It's a man's voice so it's dad. I want to talk to him about Codie and Stan. I want him to be against that Rada, too. I don't have to persuade mom. She already hates Stan.
"Dad. Are you in favor of Stan? Truth be told cuz I'm not." He shook his head and grinned. "Calvin, my son. What's this all about? If you're trying to spilt those two up then..." My brows creased and "..count me in!" I cracked. I laughed and high-fived my old man.
"I thought you'll stop me! So, you don't like him, huh?" I clasped my hand and smiled victoriously. He nodded his head and started to read a book.
"About Ash. Raven Ash Smith, dad." I want to open this topic as well. "What about him?" I sat down on their bed and rested my arms on my lap with my hands clasped together. "He said he misses Codie. He's my pal and I like him for her since day one. Do you think it'll be alright if I will serve as a bridge? You know, for them?"
"I don't know why we're talking about your sister's personal life but I don't see anything wrong with that. Just don't do something stupid. I like Ash, too but I also like Hugh." Now, why is Hugh in the picture? Come to think of it, Hugh can do, too. Instead of that Rada.
"Well, let's just see how things will work." I left their room and went down to the kitchen to grab something to munch. I found Cheetos in the cabinet so I took it before Codie does and went to my room and watched a movie.
------
I heard some laughter downstairs so I checked it out. Codie and Dad are having an Oreo match. Throwing Oreos at each other and tickling. I grabbed my Cheetos and ran down to have some fun, too. To be honest, I'm kinda jealous with my sister. She's closer to our dad than I am and it weighs me down a little bit. But hey! It's okay.
"Having fun without me, eh?" I tickled Codie from behind and threw Cheetos at dad. We wrestled and had fun. After that, we got tired and decided to watch. "What the heck is Homer doing?" And we bursted out laughing again. Define cool? Simple, MY FAMILY.
Mom called us for dinner and pot roast was served.
"I saw Hugh a while ago. Did he brought you home, honey?" Oh, Hugh brought her home? Oh right, it's Friday. It's like a routine. My mom likes bringing Hugh's name on Friday dinner to tease my sister. Pretty childish, huh? "Yes, mom."
"Ooh. Hugh and Codie, sitting on a tree. K-I-S-S--" Codie stuffed some salad in my mouth and I had no choice but to munch munch munch.
"Cut it out, you two. So Codie, is Hugh courting you?" How come they don't ask me if I'm in to somebody! Well, they already know the answer, I guess. And that's a no. Sure, I've dated some but not in a serious state. Still not my area.
"No! Mom, you know I'm with Stan and it's inappropriate for me to let someone court me. He's just my co-tennis player/friend."
That one's an old line. She's been telling that line for ages. But mom still tends to repeat. "He's a nice boy. I always see him bring you home. How about Stan? I only saw him do it once." Mom continues her fondness over Hugh.
"Yeah, Hugh's cool. Like my pal, Ash" Code's jaw clenched and I realized that I just brought Ash up. "I'm full. May I be excused?" She said coldly and then went straight upstairs. Dad glared at me and mom just stayed quiet. "It's not my entire fault!"
Mom mouthed 'sorry' and that's the first time I saw my dad rolled his eyes.
After I washed the dishes as a punishment, I went to my room and continued my movie marathon. I was in the middle of the movie when my intercom buzzed and dad's voiced aired. "Cal, please come to the library."