Moving back to you.

Chapter 02 - I missed you too, Ash.

It's about lunchtime and Lena and I went to our lockers. Damn, what's my combination again? Oh right. My phone. I put all my passwords, pass codes and combination in my phone just in case. Came in handy. Better ready than sorry.

"Codie, don't forget to tell me your "History" story later." Oh, yes. My history. Sometimes I think that life likes to play with my emotions. I really thought that Lena will forget about all that "history" sharing but I spoke too soon.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." She gave a light smack at the back of my head and hissed at me. Immature as always.

"What a childish act Lena!"

She just laughed. Really. This girl! Amph. I don't understand her sometimes.

"But you love me anyway." She sticked her tongue out and I just rolled my eyes then smiled.

We grabbed our lunch and headed to our usual seats and joined my two other best friends. Levin and Bri.

Levin is Lena's identical twin brother. Lena has brown, straight hair. Blue eyes and a pretty face. Imagine a boy version and that's Levin but their personalities are opposite.

Lena's talkative and a social butterfly while Levin's the exact opposite. The only thing they both have is kindness and loyalty.

Bri, Briella O'Conner, is my mother's sister's daughter so she's my cousin. We grew up together till we're 9. She's the only cousin I'm close with.

We used to play at our treehouse and pretend that we're princesses stuckn a tower waiting for our prince to rescue us but screw fairy tail, we climed down and we're free. That's reality. Always the dream killer.

When we first moved here in Twinbrook, I'm entering 8th grade. My first day was terrible. No one talks to me. All they did was stare at me. I stayed at the far most back of the classroom and read, then Lena entered the room and she approached me together with Levin.

They befriended me. After a few weeks, we became good friends and others started to talk to me. Bri became our classmate in the middle of the school year, and you know what happened next. We all became best of friends.

"Codie! Mr. Preston told me this morning to tell you that you have to pass your news for next week's paper." Bri informed me. Mr. Ben Preston is the editor-in-chief of our school paper. He's also our club adviser. Photography's my baby. Cool name, right?

"What's your headline about?" Levin asked me. "Quiz Bee Team on Regionals" Ahh, this one I know everything about. We competed last Wednesday for regionals and boy did we swept the other teams off. We won by one point and that's awesome. Just awesome. It was a close fight between our team and Kimper High's. Until now, that memory can't get out of my head.

"Oh. You guys won. That was epic!" Bri chirped. It was totally epic. We're unbeatable! It was so surreal. I'm really happy that time, like cloud nine happy!

"Yeah. Proud moment." I pounded my chest like a gorilla and we all laughed. We talked about things and stuffs like the last episode of New Girl Season 3 or who won in Master Chef 4.

We can talk about everything. We have that kind of connection, something so rare.

"Code. Ash? History! Don't even think of avoiding this topic missy." And there it goes.. I thought she already forgot! I spoke too soon. I think life likes to see me all blue and all. I'll get you someday, life!

"Ooh! Ash story. Go on with it!" Now Bri's interested too. Great. Just great. She even clapped her hands and grinned so wide that it almost reached her ears. Weird.