xv

Audrey's POV

"Josh!?" I half exclaimed, half questioned. What was he doing here? I thought he was touring the world. Then again, we don't talk hardly at all anymore.

"Audrey, what are you doing here?" Josh asked walking over to me. I didn't answer him, just ran over and wrapped my arms around him tightly.

I could feel everyones eyes on us as we stayed in our tight embrace for a moment more. This was unbelievable. Why was he here? And why with them?

"I stopped by your flat, but you weren't there." Josh said when we pulled away.

My expression changed to ashamed. "I...I live with Louis now. The restaurant...I got laid off." I explained.

"Why didn't you tell me, Audrey?" Josh asked in his normal worried older brother tone.

"Cause I'm almost 21, I can take care of myself. Plus, I know how much you hate to come back to Doncaster after the fire." I said, forming a couple logical excuses.

"Yeah, I know. But besides that, you could've come on tour with us or something."

"Where would Annabelle go?"

"You mean you still don't know who the guy is?" he asked in a whisper so the other lads wouldn't hear.

"About that..." I bit my lip nervously. "I found him and-"

"They didn't want to take responsibility?" he asked/stated.

"No, not exactly. It's um...he's....it's...it's Louis." I stuttered.

His expression was the most unreadable I've ever seen. We were always so close and I always knew how he felt or what he was thinking, but right now I was completely clueless. As a matter of fact, it was kind of worrying me.

"Josh? Josh, you don't need to kill him okay? He's taking responsibility." I mentioned trying to make the situation less intense and frightening.

Still, he said nothing. "Hello? Anyone in there?" I teased, pretending to knock on his head while smiling.

"Uh, not to interrupt, but what the hell is going on with you two?" Zayn butted in.

"Josh is my older brother." I answered and watched all of their faces turn into shocked expressions. There was a tug on my arm and I was being pulled away by my brother outside of the restaurant. "What was that all about?" I asked Josh once we were outside the entrance of the restaurant.

"Is he still with Eleanor?" Josh asked completely ignoring my question.

"Um...no. What does that have to do with-"

"Did they break up when he met you?" he quizzed, cutting me off in the process.

"Not long after, but it wasn't right away. I still don't-"

"Where's Annabelle?"

"With his mum, Jay and his dad and sisters at his flat."

"Do you fancy him?"

I scoffed. "What?"

"Do you, Audrey Devine, fancy Louis Tomlinson?"

I was quiet for a minute. Did I? There was that kind of spark when we touched that one day. Then there was the feeling of stress relief I had around him. But that doesn't mean I fancy him. It just means we're good friends. But that feeling...

"So you do."

"What? No. Why would you even-"

"You hesitated, therefore you fancy him."