Chapter 38

When we arrived at the studio, I just stayed in my spot in the car, causing Dad to sigh.

"Ella, get out." Dad said, sighing. I shook my head. If I can't get what I want, neither will he.

Okay, I know it sounds bratty, and spoiled, but it's true. He always drags me places that I don't want to go to.

"No, it's not fair. I shouldn't have to be here." I said. I'm in a bad mood. If you can't tell.

"Well, you are. You're my daughter, and if I say you're coming, you're coming." He said.

"This is bullshit." I muttered, getting out of the car, and walking in the doors.

Dads hand came to my arm, and stopped me from walking any further.

"You need to watch your language, and your attitude. I have had enough with you and your attitude today. We are going to be here only for a few hours. I want you to be the respectful little girl I taught you to be. Understand?" He harshly whispered in my ear.

Everybody in the studio was giving us looks. I felt my cheeks fluster with embarrassment.

"Okay." I said. I pulled my arm out of his grip, and started to walk. But only to get my arm griped again.

"I said, understand?" He said to me, not whispering it, just saying it out loud for everybody to hear.

"Yes sir." I said, putting my head down to hide my tears. I'm just really tired.

He kissed my forehead, and grabbed my hand.

"Come on." He said, leading me to their studio booth thing.

I followed him in, and saw everybody else there. I say in the couch next to James, and watched as they went in and out.

"Hey Uncle Li?" I said, going and sitting down next to him.

"What's up, bug?" He asked, leaning back and putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Do you think I could record a song?" I asked.

"Sure! Let's go to another recording booth, and I'll record you in there." He said.

"Okay. But don't tell them what we're doing." I said.

"Okay. Hey guys, we're going to go take a walk around." He said, saying the 'okay' quietly to me.

"Okay." They all said.

We went out of the hallway, and went down the hall to studio A6.

Don't ask why they have them numbered and lettered.

Because I really don't know.

When we got in there, he set everything up, and I went into the recording booth.

"What do you want to sing?" He asked.

"Uhm... How about One Last Time by Ariana Grande?" I said.

"Perfect." He said.

The music started to play through my headphones, and I started to sing the first line.

'I was a liar,

I gave into the fire...'

***

"That was amazing!" Uncle Liam said.

"Really?" I asked, cautiously.

"Really! Your voice is a perfect mixture of you Mum and Dads. That was absolutely beautiful. I think I'm crying." He said, chuckling, and wiping his eyes.