Chapter 37

Niall's POV

"Niall, will you go upstairs and see why she was late to class, please." Zayn asked me.

"Okay." I said, going upstairs.

I don't really see a point in trying to get her to tell us. If she doesn't want to, she won't.

That's just how she is.

Ella's POV

I heard a knock at my door, and I just groaned. I don't really want to see or speak to anybody.

"Come in." I sighed, putting my face deeper into the pillow.

I heard the door open, and I looked back to see Uncle Niall coming in.

"What's up, doll?" He asked, sitting next to me, and playing with my hair.

"Nothing." I said, sitting up and sniffing. I wiped my eyes, and looked over at him.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I sighed, and just shook my head.

"Dad. I got another detention, and he's all upset and disappointed in me." I said.

"I'm sorry, babe. I understand why he's upset and disappointed, though." He said.

"I understand too. But I just hate it when he's like this." I said, looking down at my lap.

"Why did you get the detention, anyways?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

Should I tell him? I feel like I should, to just get it out with. But then again, if I do, he could tell my Dad.

I guess Dad will have to find out someday.

"Promise you won't get mad at me?" I asked.

"I'll try." He said. I nodded, and braced myself for what he was going to say.

"I got... I got a boyfriend." I said. I looked at him, and saw his mouth wide open.

"You... You got a boyfriend?!" He yelled.

"Shh! I don't want anybody else to know!" I said. He shook his head.

"How am I supposed to keep this from everybody? How are they just not going to find out?" He asked.

"I don't know. Just please don't tell anybody." I said, looking at him closely.

"I have too! We, as a family, are here to protect you from boys. But how are we going to do that when you have a boyfriend?!" He asked, quite loudly might I add.

"I don't know! Just please keep your trap shut." I said. He sighed.

"This is so wrong." He muttered.

"Please, Uncle Niall." I said.

"Fine! But if you get in anymore trouble because of him, I will tell your father." He said.

"Okay."

"So, how did he make you late?" He asked.

"We would walk around and get sidetracked. And find out that we were late." I said.

"Okay." He said, sighing.

**Dinner Time**

When it was time for dinner, we all went into the kitchen and took a seat.

I sat by James and Uncle Louis, while we waited for Uncle Harry to get done with dinner.

He was cooking his famous pasta tonight. I am absolutely in love with his pasta.