𝓜𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓬 {1}

Summer in Jorvik was always bustling, lots of tourists wanting to explore the island, and with rare exceptions all of them wanted this experience on horseback. That also meant a lot of work for me, along with with Justin Moorland I was in charge for the tourists, guests and riding students. Right now I was tacking up horses for an upcoming trailride trough Moorland, gladly I got maya to make the deal to lead this trailride today if I did the stablework for her. As I finished putting up the last girth she approached with the group discussing the safety rules for the ride. I turned around „All finished up" I said as I lead the Clydesdale to the mounting block „Who's assigned to Braveheart?" a girl raised her hand, I beckoned her to the mounting block and held the stirrup so the saddle wouldn't get dragged to the side as she mounted. As she sat Maya interrupted „I'll take over from here thank you y/n" she gave me a squeeze in the shoulder and led the next horse to the block „no problem, call me if there's an issue" i said while turning heading for the stable „will do!". I entered the stable, grasped the bucket of water and started working. I finished hanging up the last haynet swiping the sweat off my face as it was around 80°F, i pulled my phone out of my pocket and texted Maya that i was done. I headed to h/n and grabbed the ropehalter hanging at the wooden beam, h/n looked up and gave a small whinny upon seeing me "let's get going shall we?".

Month's Elizabeth'a death I move into her house as I had to leave the holiday apartment in Moorland as the summer holidays arrived and they were in need of the room, Alex went in beforehand and collected a few items so she could have something from Elizabeth, the rest of her clothes, books and other personal belongings were put up to the attic from Avalon, he also took a few of her belongings mostly items related to the druids, some well kept secrets even the soulriders were left out from. I hit the cool bedsheets enjoying the cool silk in my skin, I glanced at the time and groaned it was 1PM, I was expected to meet Rhiannon at 2PM for the training so I decided to do some tidying up in the house before heading to the stable.

"Avoid the Shadowseekers" was the first mission for today, h/n stood still watching the shadowseekers waiting for them to move "Go"
We made a turn to the right as the first seeker made a beeline to us. The next minutes we're a blur, as I had previously memorized the patterns of the seekers "Well done, next some simple magic" I dismounted and h/n left the arena waiting outside Rhiannon casted energy orbs "Lightning" I raised my hands focused on the energy feeling it tingle and spread through my arm to my hands into my palms and fingertips as the magic broke free hitting the orb bringing it to burst as the lightning struck. She summoned the next "Protect yourself" she simply ordered, the orb dancing around me building up energy to send at me, I made a rune shield around me just as the schockwave rolled over to me bouncing off of the magic but it disbursed not as it should and immediately frustration overcame me"More focus, y/n" my fingers already tingling starting to feel numb without the wand "I have problems channeling it" she let out a sigh, we've been at this for monts but I haven't made any progress since, while using the wand I had to make sure to keep my magic down because it was simply too powerful and still not as tamed, but without the tiniest use of magic was tiring, no matter how much effort i put in it would be weak not able to stand a real fight. I approached Rhiannon as she beckoned me to her already feeling the swelling disappointment from her "We can't go on like this. We're making no progress at all. I need to discuss this with Avalon, we desperately need a solution, you're the strongest soulrider but your magic needs training you must rely on it without the help of a wand" I nodded "I know" she looked at me her expression changing as she firmly held my shoulder "Don't worry you've done well today. We'll find a solution for this. Go home y/n" i took h/n's reins and headed home.

{First Chapter!🥳 This story will be uploaded unregulated as I'll be starting an apprenticeship soon and come home at 4PM, I own two horses so i need to have time and be in the right mindset to write. Tell me what you think, constructive criticism welcomed.}