𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓰𝓪𝔃𝓲𝓷𝓰 {4}

Stirring awake from my deep sleep I
looked around startled for a second due to the unfamiliar room but soon remembered how I got here, I glanced to the window the soft twilight seeping in though the glass. I put the blanket aside and sat up as I felt a dull ache in my head knocking on my skull most likely I've gotten an concussion from the fall. Just as I wanted to get up the curtain was pushed aside and Ydris stepped inside with a steaming cup in hand "Little dove you're awake" he placed the cup on the nightstand "I made a tea to help your Headache my dear, how's the head?" He sat on the edge of the bed lifting a hand gently running it over my head, my heart skipped a beat at his gesture "dull headache" I shortly replied his gaze held mine sharply "I'd suppose we skip the training for today, keep resting" my phone vibrated in my pocket and I fished it out of my pants, it was a text from Alex "Hey, Picknick later with me and Maya in the forgotten fields? Bring someone if u want. Meet at 6PM" I lifted my head and looked into the heterochromia eyes "Alex asked if I wanted to go on a Picknick in the forgotten fields.... Maybe you... wanna go with me?" I carefully asked not sure of his reaction "A Picknick? How marvelous my dove, that is but a wonderful idea" without noticing I let out a breath I looked at my lock screen it was already 5:12PM "She asked for us to meet at 6 in the forgotten fields, I suppose we should get going"

For the first time I saw Ydris on horseback, he told me he would for once not teleport but ride "How come?" he nonchalantly clicked his tongue and raised his shoulders "To spend more time with you of course, I enjoy your company more than measurable my love" he always found the right words to catch me off guard, I wasn't a shy person but he always managed to make me flustered. Damn him .Damn his flirting that als ways could get to me no matter how much I told myself he didn't mean it, it was just typical Ydris "Yeah- sure" I tried to hide my face by riding a little further ahead then him but he had seemed to notice as a low chuckle escaped him.
For a while he had ridden in silence as something that kept nagging me broke out "Do you think we can get my magic back... like it was before... I lost it?" His gaze went from taking in the view, the mature around us directly back on me "My dove, mind if I ask- how did you loose it?" I sighed "It was nothing special- when we saved Anne from pandoria- it was Darko" Ydris eyes widened slightly at the mentioned name, he couldn't know him could he? Was Darko a pandorian too? "Garnok attacked us and tried to capture us, i casted a spell so he would retreat but the moment I wanted to cast the spell one of Garnoks tentacles touched me and I felt the magic being sucked out me somehow...since then my magic is weak, I don't know what happened back there" I said while looking on my hands „We will figure this out Y/N" his tone different then what you're used to from him, it was serious. He was serious. „I'd like to believe that, I feel like I'm submerged in the dark, not knowing where I am or what to do" Zee was now directly next to us, Ydris leaned over to me staring me right in the eyes „You're lost. Maybe you need to let the darkness inside to find the light again" for a second I stared at him dumbfounded „You can't save people if you have darkness inside you" his eyebrows furrowed slightly „You can't save everyone" „I have to try" His eyes widened a little and he slightly leaned back „You are determined my dove. But determination isn't the key to everything. I would know, determination got the best of me and now the price is that i have to pay something that is not even mine but is getting more valuable everyday for me" confusion struck my face, he quickly shook his head as if he said too much and before could ask him he went back to his charming, amused self „Ah my dear look your friends are right there" he rode a bit ahead and for a few more moments I kept staring at him his words replaying in my mind, i decided to drop it, this man was still as mysterious as the fist time I met him.
„Hey Y/N!- and.... Oh no- of all the people on Jorvik did you have to choose the most insufferable one?" Alex dramatically exclaimed raising her hands to her head „I get the „Hey Y/N you're training with the circus dude, he's got pandorian magic and shit" thing but he's your leash dog now? Urghh come on" I couldn't contain my laugh at that as well as Maya who hid her chuckle behind her fist „Leash dog- I beg you pardon?" Ydris looked utterly in disbelieve wich kicked off my second laughing fit, Ydris glance landed on me and I apologetically raised my hands „I'm sorry, I'm sorry" I said amused laced in my tone „Let's head out to the field, Y/N Alex probably didn't tell you but in the Jorvik-gazette it said tonight's „the night of a thousand dreams", up to 10 shooting stars per minute are supposedly in the sky tonight!" Maya said exitited „Really?" already thinking about the skylit sky and the shooting stars decorating the horizon. Maya only nodded and started trotting ahead.

They surely picked out the best place, we sat behind a large rock, looking over to see Goldenhills to our right. I got off h/n and removed the tack letting him join the other horses idly grazing a few meters away from us, they had laid out a blanket, pillows and lots of food, but as everyone got seated I realized there wasn't much space for me to sit, I'd have to be really close to Ydris, that thought alone made me slightly nervous, I stepped on the blanket next to Ydris and sat down, our legs touched the moment I sat down immediately trying to scoot over to the left only to clumsily knock a bowl with grapes over „Oh!" I quickly picked the grapes up putting them in the bowl setting it down, Alex and Maye were sat next to us facing the other way listening to music cuddling together „My dove it is quite alright for you to sit close to me" Ydris said while resting his head on his arms he put behind his head on the pillows, his eyes were closed but he had a slight smirk displayed on his lips. I tried to swallow my nerves as I returned to my original place my leg flush against his. I laid my head back on the pillows his arm just resting above my head not yet touching me, I tried shifting away a bit but then unexpectedly he reached his left arm out grabbing me by my shoulder pulling me towards him „What-„ I squeaked out but before I could finish my sentence my upper body was pressed to his side and my head laid on his shoulder „Ydris-„ he quietly shushed me with his gaze „Am I making you that nervous little dove" he opened his eyes looking down on me, I nervously looked up to him not dreading to answer, he didn't need an answer, the reaction was more then enough „My dove, I judge us to not be strangers anymore, so why is it that I'm making you so nervous?" his voice was low no more then a whisper- the sun was now gone the stars now starting to appear as the sky cleared from all clouds, the night was throwing shadows on his face as he leaned down closer to me, my breath hitched, "Are you perhaps smitten by me, love?" His face inching closer and closer as I felt his breath in my face, all I could do was stare up at him his eyes holding me hostage his gaze not carrying the mischievous glint he had when he was being his usual cocky self, and then his lips barely brushed mine his gaze bore into mine neither of us breaking away "I must admit I'm infatuated with you too y/n" and then as soon as the mere touch came he pulled back, settling to pulling me back to him, resting his head under his right arm my heart hammering in my chest „will you ever stop flirting?" I asked breathless he cuckled „Damned if I do, damned if I don't"

A/N: sorry for the late and short chapter I've have had the worst week ever, i forgot a photoshoot with my horses the photographer was like „Where are you?" I was like „what😀" and I also didn't pass the theory for drivers license so my week had been goin fucking fantastic 🥲🤌🏻

When I have time I need to re-read the chapters because I suddenly find words I  certainly didn't put in there, my phone making „tee" instead of „the" so if you find any error just know my phone put it there🗿