𝓒𝓪𝓻𝓭𝓼 {8}

I've put the age assessment up to 16+ therefore... it may will be bad buttt are you guys interested in me putting in a/multiple 👀🔞🍆 chapters in the future? I struggle with the thought that 13-14 year olds may be reading this 🫠
___________________________________

The music died down and Ydris gaze suddenly flipped behind me just as I felt a tap on my shoulder, I let go off him and turned to be faced with Justin "Hey Y/n.. you look- great, uh could I talk to you for a second" he took a few steps back and I followed him Ydris staying put "Hey Justin who're your with?" he glanced over to Ydris once more who returned the gaze with a sharp look "I came alone- listen I have to repair all the fences tomorrow- are you free? Care to help me? I actually have quite the list of things that need to get done, I could use your help with all of them" "Well I have riding lessons but after that maybe?" He nodded "Thanks, just give me a call when you're done... by the way who's that guy you're with?" "That's Ydris, he owns the circus in Nilmers Highland, should I introdu-" he l waved his hand "Nah thanks I'm good he kinda creeps me out, maybe you should be careful around him Y/n" I opened my mouth but before I could reply he turned on his heel and scurried into the crowds, confused I turned back and walked up to Ydris "what's wrong dove?" I lightly shook my head "he was in a weird mood for sure- whatever"
The clinking of glass was heard as everyone turned to the source of the noise, it was the baroness "Good evening to each and everyone of you. I'm so glad that you're all here tonight and I've received a great amount of gifts, thank you all dearly. I will chat with some of you now before I'm already heading off to bed, I'm not a young lady anymore" a chuckle went through her and the crowd "The food is now ready so the buffet is officially open, please feel free. I wish you all a great night" clapping went through the rows "Are you hungry?" Ydris asked me while brushing a hand over my upper back sending shivers over my body "Starving actually" he chuckled "Then we shall not keep you waiting" his hand brushed over my left shoulder, fell down and grasped my hand as he led me to the buffet, my heart pounding in my ears.

The buffet had lots of different foods, finger foods, pastries, dishes with noodles or potato, multiple salsa and more, i grabbed a plate and picked what caught my eye. After I had my plate I waited for Ydris who only picked a few pastries I looked around but all seats were taken "looks like we have to stand" He looked up and scanned the room before his gaze went past me into the corner, he snipped his fingers and a thump was heard behind me I quickly turned and he had summoned two chair in the corner "Ydris! Not in public" he looked at me dumbfounded "Darling don't worry i can use magic in public unlike you I'm a magician after all, besides- no one saw" i looked around "these people expect parlor tricks and not that" i left the buffet to take place one one of the chairs he followed me closely behind "i apologise that it is only a chair, there's not enough room for another table" i laughed "Ydris horse girls are fine with eating on the ground" he clicked his tongue "My dear to right you're not a horse girl, you're a princess" i swatted his arm "Oh stop flirting now will you" at that he laughed. Actually laughed for the first time "I'm a fortune teller i only speak the truth" I looked at him challengingly "Then I want you to tell me my fortune" his eyes sparked "I will, love"

We finished eating and headed into the main room again, people were dancing again but surely I felt tired "Shall we leave?" I nodded at him "Yes please, these shoes are killing me" he smirked before wiping me off my feet I squealed in surprise he breathlessly laughed and carried me bridal style. I slung my arms around his neck, unbeknownst to me his breath hitched. Outside I whistled and H/n whinnied and trottet up to us- Ydris called out for Zee but was met with silence "Looks like Zee has headed off" he gently placed me down "You can ride H/n" he looked at me in surprise "And you?" I mischievously smirked "I'll sit behind you" he slightly bowed "It's my pleasure to navigate us back" he approached H/n and patted him on the neck he hoisted himself up and made a movement with his hand, i felt magic surround me hoisting me up and placing me down behind Ydris, I slung my arm around him and pressed myself onto him "Are you ready my love?" I rested my head on his back "Yes" he urged H/n into a walk and we headed towards the circus.

The ride was peaceful and we just enjoyed one another's presence, we arrived and I slid off over his hind, Ydris gracefully dismounting too he looked at me "As much as I love this attire on you-" he snipped his fingers and I was engulfed with purple smoke, as it disappeared I was in comfy clothes "this must be more comfortable" reliefs flushed my feet as I was rid of the heels. "Thank you" "still interested in the cards?" He reached out and gestures to the fortune teller tent "For sure"
He opened the flaps and I entered first, once we were inside he gestured for me to take a seat.He took his seat himself in front of the deck, his hands grasped the cards and he began shuffling them, while he did that multiple cards fell out and as he had about 5 he sat the deck aside "Let's see" he turned the first around his eyes widened

"Ten of swords. A betrayal or letdown will happen. A major blow that proves to be fatal to the relationship"

He placed it down and turned around the other

"Five of swords. Victory through deceit or dishonesty, one seems to be winning but these are ill gotten gains that come from screwing people over"

Placed it down- turned another

"Nine of Wands – when the Nine of Wands comes up, put your shields up. This can warn of an impending treason or breach of trust. Guard carefully now – and if someone feels like they are up to no good, trust that"

"I believe that it enough for today dove"

"No! Please turn the other ones"

He looked me dead in the eye and sighed before turning another

"The Knight of Cups.Your'knight in shining armour' appears when you are being courted or romanced by someone special. He /she is attractive, creative and in touch with his/her feelings"

He gulped hard- my eyes widened.

Did the cards just make him confess?

The last card-

"The hanged man reversed. The Hanged Man wants you to know that sometimes, we have to accept a loss for the greater good. Acceptance and letting go are key if you ever want to move forward."

He set the card down and for a moment we just looked at each other.

"Well fuck"

—————————————————
Only a short chapter today, sorry🤍