Chapter 9: Spider & Blood

Third Person POV

Rias: "Sona!? What the hell!?"

The crimson-haired devil girl stared at her best friend with an expression of shock and confusion, she was in the middle of explaining the supernatural to Issei.

They had just finished talking about the reason the girl named "Yuuma" who was a fallen angel in disguise killed him, it was because he had a Sacred Gear within him.

However, they didn't get to talk about anything else because Sona just burst through the door and tackled Issei off the couch.

The black-haired girl was holding onto Issei tightly, crying her eyes out into his chest.

Issei: "S-sona!?"

Sona: "Issei! Don't you dare make me worried ever again!"

Issei: "Um..."

Sona looked up at the brown-haired boy, allowing Issei to see tears rolling down her face as she had an angry yet upset expression on her face.

Sona: "I thought you were taking a few days off, I had no idea you were in the hospital! Do you have ANY idea how worried I was when Tsubaki just told me!?"

Issei didn't say anything as he stared at the black-haired girl, surprise was obviously slapped across his face. He had known Sona for a while, he basically saw her every single day when Issei was his old perverted self.

Each time he saw her, she would scold him for doing perverted things, he understood that but he had no idea that she actually cared for him.

He thought she hated him with a passion, he thought that her kindness was all a show because she was the student council president.

Was he wrong about Sona this entire time? Did she actually care about him?

Issei: "S-sona... I thought you didn't care about me"

Sona: "You idiot! Of course, I care about you! You are the only friend I have!"

Rias: "Hey!"

Rias crossed her arms, what the hell did Sona mean that Issei was her "Only Friend"? The crimson-haired devil girl has known Sona since they were babies, the two basically grew up together.

So what the hell? why the fuck was she saying that Issei was her only friend? Actually, Rias has never seen Sona like this before.

She is normally rather calm and collected with things around her, even with Rias herself. However, she was now acting completely differently.

Did she really care about the brown-haired boy that much?

Sona: "You're the only one who sees me as just a regular person, everyone else sees me as some sort of tyrant with all this power...but you don't