(S2) Chapter 6: Sudden Surprise

Third Person POV

Destruction.

The landscape had been reduced to absolute ruin, the ruined buildings were reduced to nothing but mere rocks on the ground, the ground itself had been torn up and the dark clouds covering the sky had been split apart. The amount of damage was like one or maybe two nuclear bombs went off at the same time, but... actually no, there was no but for any of this.

Ddraig's breath attack was more powerful than Issei realized, which made sense since he was a massive dragon that towered over buildings but to see such an attack was... something else.

The brown-haired boy could probably say that there was absolutely no way that Vulcan would be able to survive that attack, to tank a breath attack like that would be like being thrown into the sun and coming out with zero burns. Unless that said person is a bloody God, no regular human or monster for that matter was surviving that.

Issei: "Fucking helll..."

Standing next to the boy was his shadow soldiers Igris, Greed, Iron, and Tank while a bit behind them was the very creature that caused all of the destruction before them, Ddraig the former Welsh Dragon of Domination.

Issei turned and looked up at the massive shadow dragon.

Issei: "I think you went a bit overboard there, Ddraig"

Ddraig lowered his head.

Ddraig: "Forgive me, my liege. But I didn't want some disgusting demon to make a mockery of you"

Issei sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose, he thought that Iron was gonna be a problem in the future and now he is starting to think that Ddraig will be. That was the last thing he needed, why can't things just go how he wants?

Issei slowly approached the now deceased body of Vulcan, which was leaning against a mountain and was completely covered in burn marks as some of his flesh had been roasted off from Ddraig's attack. When he got close to it, several pillars of lights appeared in front of him which caused him to smirk a little.

While the damage was a bit much, seeing four pillars of light could only mean one thing and that is what Issei was excited about. It was the reward for killing Vulcan, he couldn't wait to see what he got.

Actually, it wasn't him who killed it and yet he still gains experience and rewards. Is it because his shadow soldiers are well... shadows? He was sure that they also gained experience too, but why not rewards?

Would that be busted? It sounds a bit overpowered and yet not at the same time, it didn't really matter at the end of the day because it was still Issei getting stronger.

Issei: "As expected of a Boss-grade monster, the rewards for killing it must be excellent"

You obtained [Item: Demon Monarch's Earring]

You obtained [Item: Orb of Avarice]

You obtained [Vulcan's Horn] X2

You obtained [Ingredient Item: World Tree's Fragment]

Issei raised an eyebrow.

Issei: "Ingredient Item? What's that?"

[Ingredient Item: World Tree's Fragment]

Item Class: ???

Type: Ingredient