𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

༺❦༻

❝ oh darling, all of the city
lights, never SHINE
as bright as your EYES !

cars outside, james arthur.

IT ALL STARTED in 1973, on a regular school day. two middle schoolers were aimlessly sitting and listening to their math teacher ramble on about fractions.

it was the beginning of the school term, and that meant new seating plans. jaelin was situated at the back, next to a boy called finney.

her and the blond have talked a few times during class. they became friends shortly after, which the two were quite thankful for, considering they both had little to no friends. both for different reasons.

"robin!" the two averted their attention to their teacher who looked at robin with an annoyed face.

"this is the third time you've been distracted in my lesson!" she huffed.

the two looked at robin who had a neutral face on, as if he couldn't care less. jaelin had an amused smile, watching her teacher cross her arms.

though, that smile soon disappeared.

"go switch places with.." the teacher scanned the class before landing her gaze upon the blond at the back, "finney."

jaelin looked at the teacher, then back at finney in shock. the rest of the class watched as the two gathered all their stuff and switched seats. now finney was all the way at the front.

jaelin inwardly cursed the universe. the second she made a friend, the universe decided to separate them. finney was in some of her other classes, but none where she was next to him.

after the two settled down, the teacher continued on with the class. jaelin kept her eyes solely on her work and the board, not once sparing him a glance.

robin had a..reputation of sorts in school. she didn't have an opinion on him, but knew of his tendency to get in fights. rarely, she'd pity the boys receiving his punches, because that boy can fight like no one's business.

on the contrary, she totally thought they deserved it. she admired his fighting skills and even silently cheered him on during fights, knowing that he wouldn't purposely fight someone unless it was provoked.

most of the time it was them calling him slurs and all sorts of shitty comments. she knew that being called slurs was horrible, but she couldn't say she knew how he felt.

however, she's very aware of the shitty and racist comments, knowing exactly how it feels because she's been told some by boys around the school. she would ignore them, but there was a limit to her patience.

with that being said, she tried not to dwell on it too much. though, it soon failed when a certain boy whispered to her.

"i'm glad it was you, covey."

jaelin turned to look at robin who had his eyes on the board. she furrowed her brows, "what do you mean?" she whispered back.

he leaned towards her slightly, gesturing his head towards a dark haired girl at the front, "that puta vianna was getting on my nerves, always getting me in trouble."