𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒙. twenty-nine

༺❦༻

❝ and i'm SICK of waiting
patiently, for someone that
WON'T even arrive !

romantic homicide, d4vd.

JAELIN AND FINNEY hugged for a couple more seconds before finally letting go. once they did, she immediately fixed his hair, not wanting it to be like how the grabber had placed it.

when she did, finney looked around and was able to get a proper look at his girl best friend in front of him. her clothes were dirty, her hair messy, her skin and hands filled with cuts and her wrists had bruises around them.

it was then that he noticed robin's bloody bandana around her head. his face scrunched up in confusion, looking at jaelin for an answer. when he looked into her eyes, it was like he was transported into a new world.

a world filled with sorrow, pain, horror, sadness, and grief.

wait...grief? he thought.

he searched jaelin's face for an answer, but she just shook her head the tiniest bit with a frown before looking down, choking the tears away. it was a small gesture, yet held the biggest news to him.

"the grabbber..he..?" finney stared at her with a mixture of emotions. this time jaelin couldn't make eye contact in fear of breaking down again. she was still grieving.

finney's eyes widened. he couldn't believe it.

the robin arellano..was dead?

his best friend..was dead?

the person who's been there for him since he was young..was dead?

no, no he couldn't be..right? finney felt the tears forming but wiped them away before they could spill out. though, that did pretty much nothing to stop the next few tears from leaking out.

he then abruptly got up, looking around the room, leaving no corner unturned. jaelin still held her gaze towards her lap, feeling guilty that finney had to find out like this.

finney was breathing heavily without him knowing. he frantically checked the main basement before going into the little room attached. he switched on the light, seeing a toilet and rolled up carpets next to it.

but no sight of robin.

he shook his head, "no..no- he can't be..no.." he muttered. he was practically fighting the tears back. he looked around once more as

he went back to the main basement and grabbed the door handle, pulling on it as if it would magically open at any minute. when it didn't budge, he dropped his head down, his hand still wrapped around the oddly shaped handle.

jaelin stood up and made her way towards him. she put a hand on his shoulder and he immediately wrapped his arms around her, burying his head into her neck. she noticed his bloody hand and realised he held onto his mini rocket that was also a flashlight.

she guessed he used that to cut the grabber's arm. she smiled slightly, knowing his mother gave him that when he was very little.