𝒙𝒙𝒙. thirty.

༺❦༻

❝ oh, i hope someday i'll
make it OUT of here, even if
it takes all night or a hundred
YEARS !

lovely, billie eilish & khalid.

FINNEY WOKE UP to the sound of ringing. more specifically, a phone ringing. it only rang once, but that was enough for him to wake up.

he opened his eyes and his gaze landed on the phone. he was confused on wether it actually rang, or it was just his head messing with him. it wouldn't make sense if it rang, since it was broken.

guess it wasn't a fucked up dream, he thought.

he sat up and noticed jaelin sat on the floor, leaning on the mattress whilst using her arm as a makeshift pillow. she was fast asleep, and finney could tell she needed it from the dark circles under her eyes.

nonetheless, he got up and walked towards the phone. he picked up the receiver and put it by his ear, wanting to see if he was hallucinating or it actually rang and someone was on the other side.

"it doesn't work. not since i was a kid. hang it up." finney heard the grabber from behind him. he brought the receiver down but didn't hang it up.

the grabber turned on the basement lights, and that's when finney turned around. he was met with the grabber in the shadows by the bottom of the staircase. he could barely see his face.

"i know you're scared and you want to go home.." he slowly walked forwards, "i'll take you..both home soon."

finney got a clearer look at him once he stepped into some light. the grabber was wearing his full masks with the same black clothing.

"it's just that.." he sighed and looked away, "everything's all fucked up. i gotta be upstairs for a while. somethings come up."

finney stared back at him, "what?"

"never mind what." he replied in a low tone.

finney furrowed his brows, "did someone see something?"

when the grabber didn't reply, he kept on going. "are the police coming? if you let us go before they get here we promise we won't tell."
he persuaded.

the grabber chuckled, "it's not the police."

"someone though? someone's coming?" he went on further. finney was definitely playing a dangerous game here.

"i'll scream. if someones upstairs they'll hear me." finney shuffled forwards a little, beginning to feel an ounce of hope that someone could rescue them.

"no he won't not with the door shut." the man retorted.

"he?"

that was the grabber's second slip up. finney remembered jaelin telling him the first time he slipped up when he first held her captive in a random room upstairs.

finney raised his brows slightly upon hearing the grabber breath in and out. finney was starting to get on his nerves. good.