When the Stars Die Out

The next morning I wake, and I remember the previous night. Not wanting to cry again, I get out of bed and change. Putting on jean's and a random shirt I found on the floor I grab my phone and walk downstairs. Texting Adam, I sit on the couch. He replies within seconds.

Hey Grace. Happy birthday! I'll be over in thirty minutes to get you, wear something nice. Love you <3

Putting my phone back into my pocket I walk back upstairs to change again. He said dress nice, right?

Trying not to think of sad things I put on a black lace dress and my combat boots and grab my headphones. I decide to curl my hair. Doing some final touch-ups to myself in the mirror, I hear the car horn outside my house and rush down the stairs. Putting on a fake smile as I run out the door, I see Adam waiting for me in his car. I climb in, and he kisses my cheek.

"Goodmorning Princess." He says. I blush.

"Where are we going?" I ask in a slightly quiet voice. Something inside me just doesn't feel like talking.

"Its a surprise." Normally I would argue and try to figure out what it is, but I just don't have it in me today. We drive in silence, Adam watching the road like it's the last thing he will ever do. Although, It may very well be.

No. I mentally slap myself at the thought of that. I have to at least try to be happy, Adam seems really excited.

"Can't you at least give me a hint?" I say. He smiles at me. God how I'm going to miss that smile.

"Nope."

"Come onnn." I whine. He just smiles and laughs. About thirty minutes later, he pulls into a small parking lot. I look around, seeing a few cars spread throughout the lot.

"Where are we?" I ask. He just smiles and grabs my hand, dragging me along behind him. A wave of confusion hits me and I can't help but wonder what he has in store for me.

"Close your eyes." I do as he said and close my eyes. I hear the sound of muffled voices and what sounds like a door opening, and Adam guides me through a doorway.

"Alright, you can open them now." He says. I slowly open my eyes, not knowing what to expect.

"SURPRISE!" The guys all jump out from behind couches and chairs and walls, etc. I smile.

"Happy birthday!" They all yell. I look at Adam, who has this goofy ass grin on his face. I hug him.

"Thank you." I say, and I feel arms all around me.

"Group hug!" Jay yells, and I laugh.

"So, who wants cake?" Jamie asks. We all go over to the table and sit, each getting a slice of cake.

"This is really good." I say. Adam nods.

"My mom made it."

"That explains it." He smiles. We all eat our cake and talk, laughing at each others stories and having fun. I can't help but think about what will happen when Adams gone, will it still be like this? Happy, fun?

"Hey Grace, you alright?" Jays voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah." I say, and he nods.

"Good." He says.

~time skip to when Adam drops Grace off~

"Goodnight Gracie, happy birthday." Adam says, kissing my cheek.

"Night." I say, walking up the walkway and into the house. I shut the door and lean against it, not bothering to take off my shoes.

"Grace? Is that you?" My aunt calls.

"Yeah it's me." I call back. Sighing, I go upstairs and into my room. I look at the clock. 10:43 pm. Throwing on some pajamas, I climb into bed. I'm to tired to deal with anything else tonight.

When I wake up the next morning I check my phone. Three messages from Jay. I call him. Waiting for him to pick up, I climb out of bed and make my way downstairs.

"Hey. It's Adam. Something happened."

And that's all I heard before the phone slipped from my phone and onto the floor.

____________________________________________________________________________

Authors note:

Okay so, you all are going to hate me. Although I'm sure you already do since it's been like, six months since I have updated. I got really fucking busy. I'm going to try and be more constant with my updates now that I have more down time. Anyways. Here's a new chapter. And yes I realize it's short. I will probably do another chapter tonight or tomorrow so. DON'T HATE ME YET. JUST WAIT.

Baiiiiii <3