10. Missed

Vegas's POV :

"Vegas!!" He spoke. To which i replied "hi, pete".

"Why'd you walk so fast like that?" He pointed out.

I was so stunned when i heard his name in the class after such a long time that my senses stopped working and the first reaction was to walk away.

Ofcourse my reaction hugely involved the memories of what happened last time we met.

"I wasn't walking fast, it was, casual!!" i said defensively cause what else could i say...

"Oh yeah THAT was your casual walk? I had been on walks with you and i know that you don't "Usain Bolt" for a casual walk. If you were in a walking race you'd win undoubtedly" he said and it kind of made me chuckle but i pursed my lips to hide it.

"Ok uh, i was walking fast BUT it was cause it was time for my next class." Clearly lying but I can't let him know i still got feelings for him....

But looking at his face makes me want to tell him everything truthfully......

"Actually-" "Can we meet at dinner?" I was about to say i don't even know what when he cut me off. Left me speechless kind of there...

"I mean, to discuss our ideas as we gotta work on this project together now. So let's think till then and we'll discuss our ideas during dinner. Is it fine with you?" He continued speaking fast.

And how could I say no to him. "Yeah im down."

"Cool so 8pm? At the night berry cafe?" He said

"Okay" i said and smiled and i did try to turn around but my body didn't allow me...

And i just spit out the first thing in my mind

"It was nice meeting you after such a long time, Pete" and hearing it out loud, it did feel like it was a mistake.

"Uh-yeah, umm...see you later Vegas" he said and gave me a small smile and turned and went away.

Ok. STUPID?!! Why'd i say that??? I definitely irritated him now he won't talk to me ughh KILL ME!!

Lets move on to the next class and then proceed to jump off the window.
.
.
.
.
.
*7 PM*

I reached there on time and as usual, he was already there, waiting for me looking fine as hell.

He saw me and i waved with a smile and he waved back. Why does he look nervous?

I walked on our table and sat in front of pete. "it was hard to find this place wasn't it?" He said trying to make some conversation.

"It wasn't as hard as convincing myself to come on a dinner with you again." Damn shit.
I spoke that statement and immediately saw some change in his expressions. Why do i have to ruin everything???

Just as quickly, his expressions went to normal again which for him is a smile after which he picked up the menu and said "Hey i guess we should decide what to eat right? I heard the chicken curry here is amazing...have you heard of it?"

I feel relieved he was able to act normal but still it tingles me inside that he didn't react on what i said. Now and earlier at college....

"I'm fine with whatever, also a blue lagoon for me first." I said while sighing.

We gave our orders and while the food was being prepared we made small talk about here and there and the gossips at our university.

The food arrived and then we started eating when I mentioned "ok so for our subject, as you know we have to build a brand from the very start, i thought about a few ideas, and the one i liked the most was a bakery shop."