12. Leave

Vegas's POV :

I woke up not with the sunlight reflecting in the room through my window, but darkness all around and painful moans owned by the person lying on my left side.

The cries woke me up out of fear and i turned over to see one of the most horrifying things I've seen in my life.

"Vegas, Vegas please don't kill me!! *Sobs* I'm sorry if I did something wrong but i love you Vegas!! Aaahh!!!" Pete kept on screaming and crying in his sleep.

His face was covered in sweat and tears, his body squirmed and his voice, begging with its whole being, so terrified yet somehow had a hint of love.

I didn't even realise when tears fell from my eyes. Until now being reminded of the scars i gave him which kept him chained up until now drowned me into the biggest pit of guilt but seeing him like this today, the pit became deeper and my power of forgiving myself left my body.

He kept screaming, and i didn't even have the courage to touch him, let alone waking him up. Touching him felt like a crime at this point. And all i could do was watch him.

I even tried to cover my ears and close my eyes because hearing him became unbearable at this point, almost giving me an anxiety attack.

And after a minute they stopped, and i felt a hand holding my arm which covered my ear, and i opened my eyes slowly.

It was Pete who was now sitting up, facing me while his face was still covered with a mix of sweat and tears but his expressions were now worried for someone else, the person sitting in front of him like a scaredy car.

"Vegas? What happened ! Are you okay?? Look at me" he held my face in his palms and made me look up in his eyes, and that's when i lost control.

"Pete I'm.....so sorry *sobs* " i couldn't get a word out cause i was sobbing so hard but i had to say this. Pete got a little scared at first but then he pulled my head into his chest and hugged me tightly and said "Hey!! Shhhh quiet down, it's okay Vegas......it's okay. I'm sitting right here, in front of you right now. Stop worrying right? Shhhhh"

He kept repeating his words but my mind was narrating a different story to me. A story about how our future could be ruined. I couldn't think straight, and i didn't want to be separated by Pete again, specially after our special night. But did i have a choice?

I wasn't completed with my crying when i pulled away, sniffing my cough so that I'd be able to speak.

I looked down as i was unable to look into his eyes but i could still sense him looking at me with full focus and hopeful eyes.

And maybe what i said next was stupid but it was all i could think of with my jammed mind.

"Go home Pete. It's the best for both of us right now." It was 3 AM to be precise. And i uttered the most insanely idiotic things i could've said.

And i finally looked up at him, expecting a confused and almost hateful expression cause the guy who apparently loves him ordered him to go home in the middle of the night. But what i saw was precisely opposite.

He still had his assuring, caring expression. As if unwavered by what i said.

He slowly crept his hand on my cheek and smiled lightly and said "i promise I will go in the morning Vegas, before you wake up, can you let me sleep next to you before that?" And that made my body clutch my heart. And I realised i would never love someone more than this man.

How could I deny his assuring request? How could I ever say no to this face?

I couldn't. So i nodded and layed down and he layed next to me. He was holding me in his arm this time and i fell asleep faster than ever. And i felt his warmth all throughout my sleep, until morning came and i was actually woken up naturally and not by any sunlight as i saw the curtains hid the windows fully, which i didn't leave like that...

And ofcourse Pete was not next to me, it was my empty bed, and my phone in which i read the time which was 11 AM. Damn i missed college too.

I face palmed myself and tried to ignore all the thoughts about last night which could worsen my already tired state.

And i got up to get ready for the remaining lectures i could attend.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A/N :

Short update guys but this fic is going to end soon so y'all better enjoy this!! Love youuuu