15. Not in this life as well?

Vegas's POV :

That day i didn't even meet Pete or talk to him as i was trying to be distant. Its obviously difficult at first but he'll soon get used to this. And also he's popular enough to not remember about me.

The next day when i went to college i went to my class as usual. Then in the break i went to the cafeteria and ordered the usual and sat on my favorite corner table while taking our my earphones to plug them in my ears when i overhead some girls chatting on the next table....

About Pete.....

I put down my earphones as i tried to concentrate on what they were talking about.

"Why would Pete leave it all in the middle??" "Wasn't he doing just fine here?" "Well it's okay it's obvious that he will get thousand times better opportunities abroad" they kept on chatting and i got confused so i got up and went to find Pete.

I walked towards his classroom where the class was going on and when i tried to look in he wasn't there, i waited outside till the class gets over so i could ask his friend Porsche about where he is.

10 minutes later the class ended and i saw all the students heading out and i went inside to where Porsche was sitting, grabbing his books and everything.

"Hey Porsche, do you know where Pete is?" I asked him and he looked up with a confused face which turned a little sad towards the end and he spoke "Don't you know? He left."

What is he talking about?? Before i could ask him anything he got up and started walking towards the door but i stopped him by pulling his shoulder and asked "What are you talking about? I know nothing please tell me clearly." I said now panicking a little.

Porsche covered his face with his palm and said "Pete's parents ordered him to carry their family business and they called him to New Zealand. So he left his studies and is now going today." He said and i couldn't comprehend anything.

"So he just left?? Is he stupid?? What about his last semester and this degree??" I spoke clearly being frustrated to which Porsche responded "The University gave him the permission to complete his studies online. Didn't you see him running back and forth in the whole college yesterday after lunch?" I avoided him purposely...

"And why do you care so much Wasn't it you who wanted to be "distant" with him?? Stop faking your care and let him be happy away from you" Porsche spitted and started walking.

He's......right....but what right does he have to comment on my feelings for Pete??

Why do i feel so hurt that he didn't even bother to tell me?? Why do i feel like he's leaving me alone......did he already leave??

I tried calling on his phone.....it was switched off.

No, Pete can't go like this. I ran behind Porsche who was out in the corridor now and once again made him turn around by grabbing his shoulder.

"What the fuck is your problem Vegas??" Porsche raised his voice now being irritated but i coudnt care less.

"What time is his flight?? Don't tell me he.....left already....??Tell me!!" I asked Porsche being impatient and he just rolled his eyes and sighed. Why is he being so offended??

"What would you do if i tell you??" He spoke with that nasty attitude of his. I swear if i didn't want to get information from him i would have punched him right there.

"Just TELL ME Porsche. I....i want to...." I tried to speak but couldn't find the words because what would I actually do??

"I'll stop him from going away." Words just slipped out of my mouth.