8. Part ways.

Pete's POV :

*Flashback*

We were kissing, finally all the longing, all the wishing has become true.

It has started to rain and i was thinking if I've ever enjoyed this much in my life before until..

I started seeing visuals in front of my eyes...

"Vegas, please don't do this, I'm begging you, i give up," i was begging Vegas who was in front of me holding a phone next to my ears from which i could hear the voice of my grandmother.

He was laughing in front of me and then moved to whisper "say it" in my ear and i followed his directions.

I asked my grandmother if i can go on a vacation with a "friend", the friend being Vegas and the vacation being held in captivity.

He licked my ear to which i shake and feel disgusted. I was naked and tied up to a column so I couldn't move at all while my whole body hurted.

My grandmother allowed me and then Vegas took the phone from my ear and cut it and threw it and with the same hand he held my throat, squeezing it till I couldn't breathe no more.

And that's when i pushed the Vegas in front of me. The one kissing me in the rain.

The visuals finally ended but they left me sobbing and gasping for air.

Vegas tried to ask me what's wrong but i was so disgusted and frightened that i just ran away...

At home, i sobbed hard lying on my bed, and i realised it's been 3 hours when my phone chimed and i saw a text from him.

He was checking on me but i was too out of it to even reply to him.

At one side i wanted to beat him until he was unconscious and at other side i wanted to cry in his arms until i was unconscious. But i did neither, as i decided that it was time for me to talk it out with him.

*End of flashback*

"How long has it been Pete? And why didn't you tell me before?" He asked me as if he didn't know the answer himself.

"Then why didn't you tell me before huh?" I asked him too from which he was taken aback.

It was hurtful seeing him feeling so bad about himself cause nothing of the last life was in his control right now but i still was feeling like i wanted to hurt him.

"If i was being honest with you Vegas, i want to hurt you, i want to hurt you so much and so badly just like you did to me. All the pain that you gave me still makes me cry like a maniac." I spoke becoming a little bit riled up.

He rubbed his palms on his face trying to calm himself which made me feel for him.

"But i feel like me doing or saying anything about our past life is pointless." I say when he puts his palm on the back of my hand.

"No pete, you can blame me as much as you want, and complain to me as much as you need to." He says sounding so needy i wanted to break down for him. But today i won't let the emotions get the best of me.

"No. This thing between us is only going to hurt us in the long run. I can't and i DON'T want to keep blaming you cause i know a human can only take so much. It would be unfair for both of us to keep scratching the old wounds. Better leave them and let them be treated naturally." I said, slowly removing my hand from under his.

"So what are you trying to say we should stop seeing each other? Cause i don't know if i could-" "Vegas!" I said trying to stop him as now he was sobbing.

I was still trying to control my tears but it was so hard seeing him crying that my face might have turned red.

Big tears started falling from his eyes and he started apologising endlessly and that's when i lost control. I stood up and went to the chair next to him in an attempt to calm him down.

I grabbed his face with both of my hands and tried to make him look at me.

"Vegas, calm down and look at me first. I know, the Vegas in front of me is nothing like that one. That Vegas only hurted me and put scars on me which lasted more than a lifetime. But the one in front of me is like a remedy, he's kind and he knows how to treat people right. But we both know that the only scars you can't heal are mine." He kept crying and it was enough.

I pulled him in a hug and and he hugged me back really tightly. I started crying as well. Nothing has ever hurted this much as i crumbled with the one i liked and there is nothing i can do about it.

Now i was crying alone softly and he went quiet. He rubbed my back slowly trying to calm me down.

He then parted us and wiped my tears while i looked at him with a hurting heart. All the words i said earlier seemed like a lie and now i just wanted to be with him.

Just then the waiter came and served us the food. We broke the eye contact and he thanked the waiter. Vegas asked the waiter to cancel the wine as we both were already hurting enough and the wine wouldn't help for sure.

I was still having the after sobs and Vegas offered me water which i drank a whole glass.

He served me food and spoke "Enough of sadness. Let's enjoy our second date now." He said and brushed my bangs away from my eyes.

We started eating and chatted a lot like we normally did in the college cafe.

We finished the food, paid the bill and walked out holding hands.

Just as we reached outside we stopped in our tracks and i looked at Vegas when he softly pulled me towards him and pressed his forehead to mine.

He spoke "The pete before, and the pete in front of me, both are so kind and both deserve the best in life." He said and my eyes started becoming wet again.

He continued "And i know I'm pretty good and it'll be really hard for you to find a better one" we both chuckled at that and he continue "but I'll pray for you to get someone who'd never hurt you. I love you pete."

He moved away while losing the grip on the back of my head when i grabbed his neck and pulled him in a kiss.

This kiss was different than yesterday, it was full of longing and one which you'd want to last forever. The one where your lips moved so in sync you'd want to die in the moment.

The one where you could taste each other's salty tears and sip them up like wine, intoxicated in each other's presence.

A couple of minutes later we slowly parted and then i pulled him in a tight hug never wanting to let go.

"I'm sorry Vegas. Let's hope not to run into each other again. I love you too." I then broke the hug and walked away....

It wasn't raining on that day but the gloominess was all over in our surrounding.

And so that's how we end the chains of our past life.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A/N :

Ofcourseeee they broke up without even a relationship. Karma bruh.
But don't be scared kids cause it's not the end yet. There's a lot more....stay tuned!!

Don't forget to like and share and give lots of love!!! Thanks for reading!!