Chapter 2 Part 2

I'm crying again, and not over anything bad. But because of the breathtaking nature Jayden's exposing me to. She leads me down the bank of a hidden creek within a peaceful forest. I gape at all the fresh, vibrant life bursting through the snow, creating a cozy ambiance. But the gorgeous sunrise, shining through budding leaves, within the wintry scene leaves me speechless.

We obviously can't stay for too long. But Jayden rests on a boulder as I sit sideways upon her lap, captivated by the glistening water before us. Animals sometimes come up to visit me as my guardian kisses the top of my head, amused by my excitement. But as there's a break in my socializing, I look up into her hazel eyes and murmur, "So, Jay . . . Tell me about this place."

She moves a strand of my hair from my face, kissing the tip of my nose afterwards. "There isn't much to tell, Cica."

Blushing from her embrace, I say, "It couldn't have been random though—you took me straight in to it."

"I don't want to ruin this moment." Jayden sadly shakes her head.

"The only way you'd do that is by getting up and walking away."

She sighs. "Well . . . I came here whenever I needed to escape my parents for a while."

"I had a feeling." I purse my lips.

"I remember obsessing over getting away as a kid, transportations specifically."

"Transportations?"

"Yes, because I wanted to make sure that if I needed to leave, I'd be able to." My guardian adds, "So I made a pact with myself to learn to drive as many things as possible: cars, planes, boats, motorcycles, etcetera . . . That way I could go anywhere I wanted with anything I wanted."

I reach up to kiss her twice. "And now you can, babe."

"With you, Ophelia Mae." She nods, pressing me closer. "Always with you."

"You just . . . You—"

Jayden's phone explodes in text alerts as Raj sends a silly message about our upcoming flight.

I chuckle as I read what he says, happy that he seems content despite thrown out of the reunion last night. Luckily for Brittany, she got him out of his grump by the time they got back home.

While my guardian responds to Raj, I've got sidetracked chatting with a fox about his newborn cubs. I rest on my knees and legs before the critter, petting him and tearing up like a wimp over his story. But the second I get comfortable here again, Jayden steps up to tell me we've got to get going.

I painfully part with my new friend. However, doing that attracts other ones wishing to get their last farewells too. But Jayden pulls me along and teases, "We've gotta go, Snow White. Do you wanna stay here forever—"

I smirk. "I'm gonna ignore that question . . ." Just get all my loved ones here with me and I'll be good!

"It was stupid to ask, huh?" Jayden bends down and scoops me to carry me throughout the snowy space. I giggle and wiggle as she tickles me, but we both know deep inside I'm heartbroken.

As we're almost out of the forest, I lift my head up from her shoulder and murmur, "Promise me we'll come back, Jay?" Here. Everywhere. Even the local record stores we've visited a few times.

"I promise you we will, Cica." She nods as I vibrate with excitement. "Giving you what you want is necessary."

Rolling my eyes, I sigh. "You know I hate when you say that—"

"I do. But giving you what you want is something I want. You're fatally addictive, Ophelia Mae." She stops to say, her dazing me with her hazel eyes. "And I've got to please you. It's a must." But an official relationship would be the ultimate way to rather than indulging me 24/7.

I relax back in her arms as she walks again. But when she asks the reason for my sadness, I only mention the beauty we're leaving behind. Not the pain she's causing my heart.