Chapter 4

I woke up, my vision blurry and my head hurting like hell. I wince in pain as somebody sits me up right, my vision comes into focus and I'm astonished at what I see. "Jerry?!" I hug him tightly, but when I do, he also winces in pain, I look down and I see that his left arm is bent out of place.

Moments later a nurse comes in, light illuminates the prison cell and we both shield our eyes. "How is it?" asked the nurse. "Fine, it just hurts a little," he responded. "And who might you be?" the nurse turns and looks at me. "Um, I'm Tom, Jerry's brother." The nurse smiles then begins treating Jerry.  The nurse was a beautiful young woman, with brown hair with a pink bow on the back, and brown eyes.

Jerry was looking at her as if she was the prettiest girl in the world. He whispers in my ear, "she is the hottest girl I've ever seen." I nod my head, but not as pretty as Claire. I think to myself.

Once she finished wrapping Jerry's arm and giving him medicine for the pain, she packs up and I look at Jerry then at the nurse and as if he read my mind he said, "wait, what's your name?"
"Rose." Then she left the cell, closed the big medtel gate behind her and left us in the dark once again.

It was around 3am. when a loud boom woke me up from my dreams. Men screaming stuff in another language. I jumped at least 3 feet off the ground when the cell gate came flying open with a loud boom and creek. "Move! Move! We're under attack!" yelled a Nazi in almost perfect English. I was looking everywhere for Claire, but she was nowhere to be found. "Claire!" I yelled as loud as I could over the gunfire and the bombs raining from above. I yelled her name over and over again, but she couldn't hear me, it was too damn loud.

I was pushing through the screaming men as they fell to the ground dead, dodging bullets as they flew past my head. "I have to find Claire." I told Jerry as he caught up with me. "Who the hell is Calire?" He asked with a confused face. "We have to get out of here now, Tom!"
  "No, I'm not leaving without her!" I ran to the place where I last saw her, at the nursing home. An hour goes by and the whole camp is in flames, there were people being burned to death or exploded by  bombs.By the time it comes to 4 hours and there was still no sign of Claire, I started to lose hope. I couldn't find the damn nursing home. I was going to give up and just accept the fact that she was gone, when Jerry came running towards me and said, "I found Claire!" My face widened with delight and I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, running through the hellfire, I grabbed a gun from a dead soldier and proceeded.

Once I got there I kicked the door open, gun in hand and proceeded to kill anyone who doesn't speak English. "Claire?" I whispered,  "where are you?" I was beginning to think that Claire wasn't in there, and that she was probably dead, but I forced that shit out of my head and  told myself to think positive. But every time when I told myself that, I was thinking that it might be true, that she might be dead.

It's been 45 minutes and the nursing home was collapsing. "Claire, where are you?!"
        "Tom?!"