Demon (Part 1)

It's not really a surprise that your and Itachi's schedules are often full nowadays– you with your ANBU duties, and your twin with his jounin ones. In fact, you've been expecting it, as both are demanding jobs but...

        Well, you don't want to play the who-has-it-harder game, but you're definitely dominating the leaderboard. Compared to Itachi, ANBU tend to have a lot of out-of-the-country missions, as opposed to jounin who seldom travel outside the Land of Fire. Probably to avoid international incidents outside low-ranked escort missions, you think, but it's not like ANBU anonymity could stop anyone from committing one if they really want to. This is not even considering the possibilities of framing.

        Still, you assumed that, compared to you, Itachi would have more time to spare for Sasuke, as it's one of the sole reasons why you took your twin's place.

        You were wrong.

        You don't usually accept that you're wrong, but because Itachi is in the wrong, you'll make an exception. You thought you'd be pettily happy about it, but catching your twin requesting for more missions at the mission desk is an... infuriating memory.

        It would seem that even with the change, nothing has really changed.

        So, to not have Sasuke whine about his brothers no longer having time for him, you brought him to your secret training cave with much reluctance.

        ("Kama-niisan, wait for me! Where are you going?!"

        Like an idiot, you waited for him and told him where you're going.)

        While having an inexperienced tag-along made it hell to escape your ROOT tails, it's the best you could do with your tight schedule, as your training is the most flexible time you have for him. It's risky, dangerous, but you managed well enough, and took note that you'll have to train a specific form of area genjutsu and chakra control to make undercover traveling easier next time.

        Though, your baby brother's brattiness is an entirely different difficulty.

        "Why bring me here if you're not going to teach me anything?" Sasuke complains, his high-pitched voice echoing within the underground cavern, as he half-heartedly aims a kunai at one of your make-shift dummies. The natural light beaming from the cave's wide entrance above provides enough brightness for Sasuke to train his accuracy and for you to clearly see his pout.

        My brother in Amaterasu, you wanted to come with me, you think exasperatedly.

        "I brought you here to train alongside me; not with me. Y'know, just accompanying each other, basking in each other's presence, like what good brothers do," you answer him, not pausing from your constant shift of kata stances (you make sure to move in a pace that Sasuke can't follow because you won't let a six-year-old one-up you like that). "Or you can watch me do something that even Itachi can't."

        "What can you do that Itachi-niisan can't?" He asks skeptically yet curiously, and without missing a beat, you tell him,

        "Make time for you."

        Predictably, Sasuke huffs, irritated by your smartass reply.

        "You still won't teach me anyway," he says, before loudly adding, "Which Itachi-niisan does, by the way."

        He's really adamant about that, huh, you think before lightly shaking your head at Sasuke's poor attempt to manipulate you.

        "I will," you assure, and he perks up.