Detention

Summer's POV
It was another day at school. After what happened at the sleepover, I just can't get Freddy out of my head. He's so dreamy and I really like him but I don't think he'll like me back.

It's been 6 months now and I was loving it here in Austin. I have the best of friends, a handsome best friend, the coolest twin, and School of Rock has won Battle of the Bands. The one thing I don't understand is that boys have kinda been staring at me for a while now.

I was on my way to class when someone pulls me my arm and pushed me into the janitor's closet. I saw that it was Jada. What does she want?

"I want to know why you're here?" Jada said crossing her arms.

"To live with my twin," I said in a Duh tone.

"No, you're here to take Freddy away from me and try to take my popularity. Well too bad for you, it's not going to work." Jada said.

I just looked at her.

"Look, I don't know you and from what Freddy said, you're just obsessed with him. And I don't want to be popular" I said crossing my arms.

"I don't care. Boys have stopped looking at me and now think you're prettier than me." Jada said. Do boys think I'm better than her? "Here's a warning Hathaway, stay out of the way or else," Jada said and left the room

I just stand there thinking about what she said. Should I be worried? Then the door opens and it was Freddy.

"I saw Jada pull you in. Are you OK? Did she hurt you?" Freddy asked me worryingly.

"No, I'm OK. It just Jada threatened me and I got scared." I said looking down. If I go out with Freddy, was it worth it?

"What did she say?" Freddy asked me.

I sigh and told him, "Jada asked if I came to steal you or her popularity from her, and then she said to watch out." 

"Jada is nothing to me. I mean, I had a crush on her once but that's nothing?" Freddy said and I looked at him in confusion.

"Wait... you had a crush on Jada?"

"Yeah. I was kinda nerdy a few years ago but I kinda went through a glow-up and became kinda popular. Now it's the other way around and I wish it would stop." Freddy explained.

"But were you not the same with her," I said optimistically.

"No, I mean yes. I mean No. I mean... I had a crush on her but I wasn't obsessed with her the way she does it with me. She'll try to kiss me. All I just did was put flowers in her locker." Freddy said. He looks embarrassed.

"My crush on Jada is now embarrassing but honestly, I heard a lot of boys got over her for some reason. I don't know why?"

"Ok, well I guess that makes two of us," I said making Freddy look at me. "Oh, I mean..." I got interrupted by the door and there was Principal Mullins and a boy.

"I knew I heard something in the janitor's closet." The boy said.

"Shut up Clark. We're not doing anything. I just saw Jada and Summer coming here and I got worried." Freddy explained. So the boy's name is Clark.

"I want no excuses so both of you have detention after school. Now go to class!" Principal Mullins said. Freddy and I went to class. Great, just great.

During Detention...

It was just me and Freddy in the class and honestly, Mr. Finn was supposed to be in charge but he left so now, Freddy and I were talking.

"Hey, what were you saying before Principal Mullins came in?" Freddy asked me.

"Oh, well... when I had a boyfriend, I kinda thought we would get married but now I just think it's embarrassing, and the fact that he wanted my best friend made me feel like I'm not worthy enough for him... or anyone."

It was true. I felt like second best after my ex-boyfriend cheated on me. I saw his Instagram and he and my ex-best friend are dating.

"That guy is nothing but a jerk. I think you're beautiful just the way you are." Freddy said. I smiled.

"I can say the same for Jada." Summer commented making Freddy laugh.

After detention, we headed home. Of course, Lawrence's dad picked me up but I was hoping Freddy would take me home.

I was very excited about tomorrow because we got Casual Wear meaning that we get to wear our own clothes but we have to pay 1$ just to wear them. I wouldn't mind wearing my clothes and not paying but Lawrence told me that he, Esme, Zack, Freddy, and Tomika decided to wear their clothes without paying and got detention for a week and have to scrape off all the gum from the table and desk. That is bad. So I'll pay.

Hey Unicorn Stars
So I'm not sure if this happens in schools around the world but in my home, schools get to have a Casual Wear every Friday or second Friday (That's how it was at my primary school) but in high school, because of safety reasons, there is no Casual Wear unless a special event is happening. But my school's RCL (The ones who run the school's programs but are doing a bad job; no offense to my friends who are in the RCL) are thinking of having a Casual Wear for next term; hopefully, it will happen.

So I don't know if this happens at all schools or at least the schools that have uniforms but mine does (not sure how it works around the world, sorry) so comment down if you would want this because I miss wearing my normal clothes to school and I'll see you in the next chapter...

Bye 👋