Eighteen

Loki had been teaching Isabelle how to speak Asgardian for almost 3 months. Bucky was always sending messages on everyone's wellbeing, Tony's confinement, the agents backing down after seeing the evidence that Stark had been lying the whole time. Thor went to visit every so often. He missed his brother and Lady Isabelle. Odin and Frigga were getting everything ready for some royal families that were on their way from different realms.

"Do we have to attend this dinner?" Isabelle whined as she flopped on her bed.

"Pet, we've been over this. You are a Lady of the Court now. Your presence and mine is required." Loki sighed and lied down next to her.

"What do I get if I agree to go?" She looked over to her boyfriend.

"A surprise." He smiled.

"Fine." Izzy huffed.

Loki pulled Isabelle up and called for the servants to help her get ready. She would be wearing a dark green ball gown with a gold belt along her waistline. Her shoes were black converse. No one would be able to see them anyway, so why not? Loki didn't know she would be wearing them but he had an idea. Isabelle wasn't one to wear high heels. The servants tied up the back of her dress as well as her converse. After about twenty minutes, Izzy heard a knock on her door. Loki was standing in a black suit. He had his smile on, ready to escort the girl to dinner.

His jaw dropped when he saw Izzy. She was wearing his colors and looked absolutely fabulous while doing so. Loki felt his heart beat faster the longer he stared. Isabelle snapped her finger in his face to get him back to reality. He smiled at the girl and held his arm out. She accepted, following his lead down the hall to the dining room. The other royal families had already arrived, meaning Loki and Isabelle were the last ones.

Odin and Frigga welcomed the couple with small hugs. The other families bowed to them, Izzy and Loki doing the same. After greeting everyone, they all sat down to start eating. Thatcher was surprised to see so much food in one place at one time. She had literally never seen anything like it. Loki chuckled at her wide eyes. Frigga took notice and giggled too. Isabelle realized what she had been doing, apologizing quietly.

"Lady Isabelle, where is it that you say you're from?" King Steven asked.

"Midgard, Your Highness." Her voice was gentle.

"You allowed this, Allfather?!" Steven looked over to Odin.

Loki took Isabelle's hand protectively. King Steven could get very angry. He didn't want his lady to have to hear what he had to say about Midgardians. Queen Olivia tried to calm her husband down but nothing was working. King Elijah and Queen Lily got up quickly, moving to stand by Izzy. They could see the fear in her eyes at Steven screamed about her planet.

"Have you any idea what those creatures have done to us?! All of us?!" Steven continued.

Odin dismissed everyone else but Steven and Olivia. Loki picked Isabelle up and left the room. She was small compared to him, allowing the man to hold her on his hip. The girl wrapped her arms around his neck and tried to hold back her tears. She didn't mean to ruin everything, she never wanted that to happen. Elijah opened the door for the Prince as he carried his lover into his chambers. Loki gently placed Izzy on the bed. Lily sat next to her and tried to comfort the now crying girl.

"Prince Loki, we are so sorry for what happened here tonight." Elijah apologized.

"Nonsense, Your Grace. It's not your fault." Loki waved him off.

"L-Lohks?" Izzy stuttered.

"Hey there, my Pretty Girl." He hurried over and set her on his hip again.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered into his neck.

"No, no, no, Pet. Everything is okay. King Steven is just very sensitive sometimes." The god explained.

Loki let her cry into his shoulder for as long as she needed. Elijah and Lily excused themselves, bidding the Prince and his lady goodnight. Frigga entered the room to see her son holding the girl. Loki set her back down once he caught a glance of his mother. Isabelle curled up in a ball on the bed whilst the man talked to Frigga. She told him that King Steven and Queen Olivia were leaving but he wanted to apologize to Lady Isabelle before heading on his way.

Isabelle tugged on Loki's sleeve. She asked if he would go with her to face Steven. He nodded, telling the girl he'd always be by her side in anything she ever did. Frigga informed them it was time to meet them at the bridge. The trio took the long walk out there, Thatcher clinging to Loki with every step. She knew he would protect her from everything that tried to hurt her. Once they reached the bridge, Steven was standing there with his wife. Izzy poked her head out from behind Loki. The King stepped forward and held out his hand.

"Lady Isabelle, I am so sorry for what I said. You did not deserve that." His voice was cold.

"I-It's o-okay." She stuttered while shaking his hand.

Isabelle pulled her hand back first. Steven huffed but didn't say anything. Olivia apologized too, hers sounding much more sincere. The King and Queen went through the Bifrost. As soon as they left, Isabelle collapsed on the bridge. Loki caught her before she could hit her head. There was something in her hand that looked really suspicious. Frigga hurried over to take it from her. She smelled it, saying it was some type of poison.

"Steven must have slipped it to her when he shook her hand." Odin announced.

"We must help her! She's dying!" Loki exclaimed.

"Loki, there is nothing we can do for her here. You have to take her back to Midgard." Frigga said softly.

Loki placed Izzy on his hip. Heimdall opened the portal and watched them make their way to Earth. He transported them to the Avenger's tower, then into the Medical Bay. Bruce had been working on something when the couple appeared. Loki placed his girl on one of the beds and explained what happened. Banner immediately jumped into action.

Bucky and Steve were banned from the lab until Isabelle woke up. Loki and Bruce needed room to focus on helping Izzy get better. Banner ran some tests to see what poison had been in her system. He literally couldn't find a match on any database. Loki didn't know how to help his lady. Thor had tried to contact King Steven to find out what was going on. Of course, the King never said a word.