It's Nothing

Marah's POV:

I've been watching over Sam for the day while Tyler is out. Cami is with her parents, Alex and Benji are out, Garrett and Annie are upstairs, and Tommy and Madison are working. That leaves me, Sam and Dylan. Sam has been playing for the past hour, content by himself. I keep expecting to find Dylan down on the floor with him, but he hasn't moved from his spot on the couch, just zoned out most of the time. I have my laptop in my lap working on some homework occasionally checking on both boys. Bluey is playing on the tv, Sam is humming and babbling to himself. I look over to Dyl again, he's still just watching the clock on the wall.

"Dylan? What's up with you today? You don't seem to be yourself," I close my laptop turning to face my boyfriend. He turns his head towards me before speaking.

"It's nothing Mar, I'm fine, just tired," He turns back to looking at the clock. He's never tired at this time. He slept the same he always does and even if he was little, it's nowhere near nap time. I feel a tap on my knee, bringing me back into reality.

"Mar mar? We go park?" Sam sits by my feet pleading at me with his eyes. It is nice out today and the boy is actually old enough to play so I decide it should be fine.

"Sure, thing Sammy, why don't you go upstairs and tell Gare and Annie. I will be up in a minute to help you change," He nods and races upstairs. Dylan sits, still not moving from his position.

"Dylan, c'mon, we're gonna go to the park and you're coming with," He just looks in my direction before getting up nodding. He goes upstairs supposedly to change.

"Okay then," I mutter to myself. I get up and grab a bag to put some stuff in for our trip to the park. I grab a spare outfit for Sam, and one for Dylan. I know he isn't little but it's always good to have. I get their favorite paci's and clips to go with them. I grab two water bottles from the fridge and two empty sippy cups, placing them carefully into the bag. I finish it off by grabbing some small snacks from the cabinet. I put the bag by the floor and make my way upstairs. I stop in Ty and Sam's room first to help Sammy get dressed.

"Hey bud, you have what you wanna wear picked out?" he nods and points to the desk chair.

"Gots lamb sweatew an showts an sockies!" He smiles at me, very proud of himself for getting this outfit. I grab the clothes from the chair and get him changed, placing his old clothes into the basket for dirty clothes in the room.

"Good job Sammy. I've gotta go check on Dylan quick and then we can go," the boy nods, grabbing his lamb stuffie from the bed and skipping out of the room. I follow not far behind, making my way into my own room that is shared between Cami, Dylan, and I. I find Dylan pulling on a hoodie that has dinosaur spikes running down the hood and back.

"Hey Dyl, you need any help?" He jumps a bit not knowing I was in the room. He turns to face me seemingly annoyed with my presence.

"No Marah, I don't need any help, I can get dressed by myself. I'm not little," My eyes go a bit wide in response, but I nod and turn away going downstairs to help Sam put his shoes on. I meet the boy by the door, seeing him sitting on the bench with his shoes next to him.

"Okay bud let's get these shoes on and then we can go get the car ready," Sam squeals out in excitement kicking his feet a bit while I try to put his shoes on. Dylan comes down the stairs and puts his shoes on as well. I slip on my shoes and hold Sam's hand while we walk to the car.

"Let's hop into this side Sammy, I have a car seat here you can sit in," I open the driver side backseat door, helping Sam up into his seat buckling him in. Dylan hops into the passenger seat while I place the bag into the trunk. I get into the driver seat shooting a message to Ty telling him we are going to the park for a bit.

After about a 15-minute drive to the park Sam is practically vibrating in his seat. Dylan is playing on his phone not having noticed we've arrived yet.

"Mar marrrr, wan outtt!" I laugh a bit getting out of the car to get him out of his seat.

"Alright, yes Sammy here we go. Hold my hand please so I can grab the bag," He holds my hand while his other hand holds his stuffy. Dylan is already walking down to a bench. I grab the bag and start walking over to the bench Dylan has seated himself at.

"Okay Sammy, you can go play now. I'll be here if you need anything, stay where I can see you, please," he nods and runs off to go play.

"You don't wanna go play Dyl? Normally you can't resist the park," I turn to face him and he's looking at me too.

"No... Don't wanna play," he brings his knees up to his chest and lays his head down still facing me so he can see me. I'm trying to think of what this mood is from him. He took his med, he ate, he had water. Cami has been gone for the past couple of days with her parents. Oh, Dylan hasn't been little for three days now. I haven't either, but that's normal for me. Poor boy, I knew he's always a bit on edge without Cami, especially with his regression. I'm not gonna push it but I wanna see what's keeping him from regressing, or if he will tell me anything.

"What's wrong Love? I can see it in your face," He looks at me trying to see what I'm doing, but he can't tell.

"It's nothing Mar, I'm fine," he turns his head back down to the ground.

"I can call her if you want Dyl," He looks at me again, whipping his head around sitting up straight. He gets excited for a moment, his eyes glazing over. But then, he takes a breath and sinks back down into his knees.

"No, it's okay. Don't wanna bother her," I frown at the last part. He takes a couple shakier breaths before looking at me again. I smile down at him and another slight glaze forms in his eyes.

"Call?" He says it in barely a whisper, but I hear it and nod right away, pulling out my phone. I click on Cami's contact and press the phone icon.

"Hello? Is everything alright Mar?"

"Yeah, everything is good, Dylan wants to talk to you though," I hand the phone over to the boy so he can hold it but I put it on speaker so I can still hear her too.

"Hi mama, misses you,"

"Oh pumpkin, Mama misses you too. Don't worry Love, I should be getting back around bedtime. How does that sound?" Dylan looks up at me with a smile.

"Mama coming back!" I nod a response to the little.

"Yes pumpkin, mama is coming back,"

"Okay Loves, I need to finish packing. I love you both, see you tonight," we all say our goodbyes and we hang up the call.

"Sowwy bubba, wasn nice at home," I pull the boy into my side, kissing the top of his head.

"It's okay baby, Bubba knows you didn't mean it,"

"Mar mar? You have paci?" I turn to see Sam standing next to us.

"I do have a paci Sammy. Here you are," I clip it onto the front of his sweater, placing it into his mouth. I do the same with Dylan's paci. Sam sits on my other side and cuddles into me like Dylan has. Tyler meets us here a bit later once he's done with everything he needed to get done. By then Sam and Dylan are sleeping at my side. We both take a little to our cars and when we get home they are placed down for a nap. Today was a nice day. It'll be even better when Cami comes back.

Sup

So, I'm getting a bunch of drafts ready to post for when I start school again, so I won't go completely MIA on here

Anyways, I hope you liked this one

Word count:1471

Have a nice day/night/existence whatever it is for you

~Atriumphs