|10|

November 11nth, Sunday Afternoon
___________________

"Fuck today is going by slow." Travis groaned quietly as the two of them enter their room.

"I know right? Just want to go to bed already. I can't wait to get out of here." Larry went over to his usual spot at the window ledge as Travis sat on the edge of his bed.

"What are you going to do when you get out?"

Larry thought about it for a moment then smiled. "Definitely going to listen to the new track Sanity's Fall put out that Sal was talking about. He's keeping himself away from it until I get back so we can listen to it together." He took a sip from his cup.

"Can't wait to see Ash and Todd too, maybe we'll all go down to that gas station and sugar crash ourselves with slushies. Anything is better than being here." Travis couldn't help but envy him, he almost wished he had someone outside that would be happy to see him. Like that would ever happen. "What about you?"

"I don't know. Honestly it's not so great outside than it is in here." Larry frowned and looked at him. "What do you mean?"

"It's just that-" He stopped himself. "It's nothing."

"Does it have anything to do with your father?"

"What are you talki-?!" Travis calmed himself, he feels like exploding everytime 'he' was brought up. He just gave a nod.

"And those bruises?" He asked quietly. "You don't have to answer."

Travis could only nod again. He wanted to say how he deserved it, he felt like he had to right to be anything other than accepting towards it, but the fear only arises more and more. Larry wasn't stupid, he always thought that something was going on with that Pastor, but he never cared about Travis enough to look into it. Things are different now.

"Don't look at me like that. I don't need pity. I did this to myself." Travis looked away. He couldn't stand that pitiful look in people's eyes, it only made him feel worse. Made him feel weak. Travis was not weak.

"It's not pity Travis. I care about you man."

"Sure you do." He rolled his eyes.

"Things change, we both know this." Someone caring about him, this was new. This was terrifying.

"What did you mean by you did this yourself though?"

"I-" He took a deep breath in, trying to keep his breathing steady. "I did some of these myself. Also, he does this because I do things to deserve it."

"You don't deserve it though. Nobody does. Even if you did do some bad things, it shouldn't be resorted to abuse. This is abuse not punishment."

Travis didn't respond, he didn't know how to. The more he thought the more conflicted and confused he got.

"Is that why you're here?" Larry brought him out of his thoughts.

"Yeah. I thought that if I ran away and killed myself that the pain would end." Travis laughed, the pain in it was very obvious.

"I'm sorry man." There was silence until he spoke up again.

"Larry who am I? What's wrong with me?"

"Where'd this come from?"

"I thought about it. I'm not exactly a person am I? I don't have a personality other than what i ended up turning into or anything like that. So who am I exactly?"

"Damn, well that's what life's about. You'll find out eventually, I'll help you with that too. You just gotta keep learning and growing as a person."

"You sound like some philosopher or something."