Part 4

Pairing: Harry Styles x Reader

Word count: 2.4 k

Warnings: Coarse language

A/n : Hey everyone, here’s part 4. If it feels a bit rushed, it’s because it was🥲 Anywhoo, happy reading!

Xoxo,

G and M
-------------------------------------
The day was quite catastrophic for Y/N. First, the meeting that didn’t go well at all, and then the incident with Nathan. Her headache was making a strong comeback and to make things worse, she hadn’t eaten anything since the morning. She knew she should’ve eaten something, but the words her date told her the day before made her think that she could survive with just one meal a day. Maybe he was right, maybe she needed to look good if she wanted to be in a relationship. She wasn’t even sure what to think.

On top of all this, she had to work a few more hours with none other than Harry Styles. Wow, could this get any worse?

And there she was,sitting in the conference room, waiting impatiently for Harry to show up so that she could end this cursed day somehow. But she hadn’t seen him in the office after the incident.

Not much later, she heard the sound of a door opening and she didn’t have to turn around to find who it was; the familiar scent of tobacco and vanilla, mixed with something else that can only be described as him, gripped her senses; it was addicting.Strangely enough, she felt safe. But she was angrier than ever, nothing was gonna save him from her wrath today, God, was she angry.

He saw her sitting on a chair near the window, looking at the computer screen. He walked towards her and sat down on the chair next to hers. Her face held an unreadable expression. He asked her softly,

“Are you alright, Y/N? What’s with the long face, hmm?”

He shouldn’t have done that.

“Hello to you too, Mr.Styles.” She replied in a mocking tone.

Harry couldn’t decipher the sarcasm behind her words. He was in no mood to argue with her, knowing that she was not in a good headspace right now.

He knew that the issue with Nathan had shaken her up and he did not want to add to her problems, she already had enough torture today. So, he tried again,

“Y/N, are you sure you want to work extra hours today?”

“I’m very sure about that, are YOU not?” There’s that sarcastic tone again. Harry was confused.

“You know you can tell me anything, right? What’s bothering you? We can talk if you want to.”

“Oh, so now you wanna talk, huh?” She responded with an angry outburst. Her voice was slightly trembling, but it did not stop her from yelling at him.

He could tell from the fury in her eyes that he had pissed her off somehow, but wasn’t sure what he did to make her this upset.

“Why are you using that tone? What did I do?” He asked.

“Oh, now you’re playing the victim. That’s a new low, even for you, Mr. Styles.” She glared at him.

“Are you serious? You’re making no sense right now, Y/N. Why are you mad at me?” Harry was starting to get annoyed.

“ You wanna know why I’m mad at you?Okay, I’ll tell you why. You, Harry Edward Styles, stood there without uttering a single word when everyone humiliated me. You could’ve said something; anything, but no, you stood there like a fucking statue. I know it doesn’t matter to you if I’m hurt or degraded, but for a moment I desperately wished that you would say something when they said I was throwing myself at you.” Tears were streaming down her face. Her voice was breaking, but she couldn’t care less. She was so embarrassed and hurt. Sniffling, she continued,
“You… you could’ve said anything Harry, you could have stopped them when they called me a who…” She couldn’t complete the sentence.