Part 6

Chapter 6

Pairing: Harry Styles x Reader

Word count: 1.8k

Warnings: None.

A/N: Hey everyone… This one’s a bit short but we’ll be posting the next part soon. Happy reading!

Xoxo,

G and M
————————————-

Y/N couldn’t focus on anything after that.She quickly drank her coffee and got back to work. Aria’s words broke her heart to a million little pieces.She would be lying if she said she wasn’t sad, because she was. For some reason, she felt betrayed.She couldn’t digest the thought of Harry with Fabiola.

Does Harry like Fabiola? Is that why he didn’t say anything to her when she supported Nathan? But he did apologise to Y/N for not saying anything.What was the meaning of all this?

Why does she feel betrayed, though?Really, Y/N? You and Harry are not even friends.Why the hell would you be disappointed?She asked herself and tried not to dwell on it too much.

A laugh made her turn her head towards the door of her cabin, it was Aria.

Y/N was annoyed. She frowned at Aria,

“Yes? How may I help you, Aria?” she asked, tone very formal.

“Nothing, I just came here to see you. You should probably take the day off, you look so pale.” She mocked.

Y/N knew Aria was picking on her. She was not going to give her the satisfaction of falling right into her trap.So, with as much politeness she could muster up, she said,

“I think I’m fine, why don’t you complete the work you were assigned?”

Aria left the office, embarrassed. Y/N was angry and irritated by all this.She knew very well that she’d take her anger out on the first person she saw and decided to sit there alone for some time. But she didn’t know that Jenna had witnessed the conversation between her and Aria, she was coming inside to check if Y/N was alright.

Seeing Y/N, Jenna gave her a reassuring smile and sat on a chair near her.

“Harry is not a fool, Y/N. He’ll never choose someone like Fabiola.”

“I don’t care if he chose her or not, okay? And how do you know what the cause of my anger is? Who he dates is not my concern. So, if you will excuse me, I’d like to go back to my work.” Y/N snapped.

She did not mean to sound rude, but the anger that bubbled up inside her got the best of her.Jenna was taken aback. She muttered an apology and stood up, walking towards the door.

Y/N had regretted those words the minute they left her mouth. She regretted raising her voice at her best friend. Sighing, she followed Jenna back.

“Jen, I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have lashed out at you.It’s just that…. I was so tired and….I’m so sorry, I don’t have any excuses. Please don’t be mad at me… I’m telling the truth now, I’m not worried about Harry.”

Lie. Y/N knew that Jenna knew that it was a lie from her facial expression. But thankfully, she didn’t ask more about it. Jenna accepted her apology. The rest of the day went quickly.

Since Harry was not at the office, she didn’t have to stay there after office hours. Jenna insisted on having a sleepover but she politely declined and they both went home.

She couldn’t sleep well at night, she felt alone. She and Harry were not even friends. She was trying to think of the reason why the news irked her so much. Maybe it was because of the fact that Fabiola was the one who insulted her in front of the whole office, what else could be the reason?