Part 5

Pairing: Harry Styles x Reader

Word count: 2.5 k

Warnings: Coarse language

A/n: Part 5 is here. Happy reading!
Xoxo,
G and M
---------------------------------------

That was all the invitation he needed. He could not leave her in such a state, what if she wanted help at night? She lived alone. He liked to pretend that it was the only reason he couldn’t leave her alone, just so he can justify his actions.

Even though he wanted to stay, he didn’t want to do that without her permission and now that he got it, he wanted nothing more.

As much as he wanted to sleep in the same bed as her, he knew that it wasn’t the right thing to do. He thought about sleeping in another room or even on the little couch in the living room but the idea of her needing help at night caused him to stay in the same room. So, he decided to sleep on the floor. He took a few throw pillows and the blanket from the couch and lay down.

The calm breathing pattern coming from the bed made him realize that she was in deep slumber.

He looked up at Y/N’s sleeping figure. She looked so at peace; she looked beautiful. He thought about what his best friend Niall said to him when he came to his promotion party.

“Mate, are you that stupid to let her go? You both seem really into each other”

Thinking back , Harry realized that he was more of a coward to deny his feelings towards her. He knew that she wouldn’t be interested in him and that she would probably be in a relationship. Why fool himself?, he thought.

But now, he realized that he had been stupid, for deliberately avoiding the fact that his heart beat frantically whenever shes around him,the way the mere touch of her fingertips made his breath hitch. In that moment he realized that it had always been her.No matter how cold he tried to act towards her, no matter how hard he tried to forget her, no matter how many times he tried to deny having feelings for her,she’d find a way back to his heart.It had always been her.

But he suddenly shook the thought away from his mind; she is not interested in him, she doesn’t even like spending time with him, she said so herself for god’s sake. He knew that he had messed up the opportunity to be with her, if there even was one.

He was so wrapped up in his thoughts that he didn’t remember when he had drifted off .

———————–

The sleep wasn’t really comforting, especially on a cold floor without a bed. He woke up early in the morning when the first rays of the sun hit him. He folded the blanket neatly and put it, along with the pillows, back on the couch. He went to the bathroom and washed his face. She was still sleeping when he came out. The gentle rays of the sun were caressing her face. He thought of waking her up but decided not to.

He walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water and suddenly had an idea: surprise Y/N with a breakfast!

Without wasting any time, he got to work and in no time, a delicious array of food items could be seen on the dining table.

He was about to get orange juice from the fridge when he heard a knock on the door. He had an intuition that it would be the mailman or Jenna, but he was proven wrong when someone called out, “Oii…Y/N/N… open the door…”

Eyebrows furrowed, he walked towards the front door and opened it, only to find a man about his age. He wasn’t as tall as Harry, but had a toned body. He was wearing a white t-shirt and black skinny jeans. His eyes were blue and he had jet black hair. He wore glasses and had a sharp jawline. Harry did not like the way he called out to Y/N using her nickname. Who was this strikingly handsome young man? What is his relationship with Y/N?