༒•The search•༒

{Stella's POV}

"Uhhh...drivers license, social security card, dream journal..." Peter sarcastically said.

"Is this a joke?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest. He ignored my question and continued walking flashing his light on the ground.

"Have you ever seen this place while it was running?" Peter looked over at Roman for an answer.

"My old man closed it when I was born. Tons of people died here. Workers and shit." He said looking for anything that could give us any clues or answers. As we continued walking deeper into the mill my stomach began to turn. A wave washed over me as I point my flashlight at a loud waterfall. I pointed it down on the ground to see dirty water covering the floor. It smelt awful but there was a more prominent smell in the air. It was an all too familiar smell. Rotten flesh. I was pulled out of my thoughts as I heard Roman speak up.

"You know sometimes when you close your ears you can hear your heart beat and to me it sounds like a man walking through snow." Roman said out of the blue. I looked over at him with a weird look on my face.

"Yeah." I said to the goofy boy. I continue to look around.

"Left or right?" Roman asked.

"I don't know. Let's just split up." Peter shrugged his shoulders. "I'll go left."

"Alright we'll both go right. Common." Roman said pulling on my hand. Peter gave us a worried look.

"What? I'm not gonna let her walk around here by herself." Roman caught on but didn't want to hear what was gonna come out of his mouth. We then started walking in the other direction. We came across what seemed like the control room. It had old computers, equipment and desks still inside the room.

"I'll look on this side of the room." Roman said and I nodded at him. As I continued to flash my light up and down the floor and on the wall. I didn't come across anything.

"Do you see anything?" I asked Roman to see if he found anything on his side of the room.

"Yeah...I did." He said and I turned around to see him standing right behind me.

"What is it?"

"My hot ass girl." He said picking me up and threw me over his shoulders as he smacked my ass.

"Ahh Roman." I yelled out. "Put me down this isn't funny."

"Yes it is." He said placing me back down and I gave him a pouty face. "Awe is someone mad at me?" He stepped forward.

"Don't do that again." I said trying to be serious.

"Your cute when your mad." He said with a smirk. "Let's go there's nothing in here." He said grabbing my hand and walking us out of the room. Before reaching the corner I stopped because I saw Peter's flashlight shining on the ground. He was coming up around the corner. I hit Roman's arm and pointed at it. He smirked and ran up on Peter.

"Boo!" Roman yelled.

"Holy shit." Peter said jumping back trying to catch his breath. Roman and I laughed at the shaggy haired boy.

"What's wrong?" I played with him.

"Nothing." Peter said short.

"Did you find anything?" Roman asked.

"No. Let's go."

"Okay." Roman said as we all walked back into the main area of the mill. In the corner of my eye I saw something that was big and black. I looked over at it to see big metal tubes connected from the ceiling and attached to the floor with a hole at the end of it. For whatever reason my brain told me to go check it out. The boys were still looking around and chatting. I quickly slipped away from them to go check whatever this thing was. As I got closer to it I saw that I couldn't see in the hole of whatever this machine was. I tried to shine my flashlight inside of it but the light dimmed down and shut off. I hit it a few times and nothing. I huffed and gave up on it. I ran my hand on the side of the machine. The cold metal making me freeze in my spot. I couldn't move or talk. My breathing picked up. I felt my eyes get heavy until my eyes finally gave in and shut. But I was able to open them shortly after. The atmosphere changed around me. The mill wasn't dark anymore and the machine wasn't rusted and old. And there were people talking and rushing to do their job. I was witnessing a flashback of when this place was up and running. I quickly let go of the machine and stepped back as a man walked up trying to fix it but instead crushing him. It happened so fast no one could stop him or pull him away from this thing. All his guts and intestines spilled out of his mouth. Blood splashing everywhere and even on me. The man was trying to scream but was choking on his intestines. I watched in horror at the sight. I couldn't bring myself to look away. None of his  coworkers cared to try and help him because there was no saving him. They just all ran away screaming at what they all witnessed.

{Roman's POV}

"Alright I'm done let's get out of here." Peter said giving up.

"We haven't found anything."

"Yeah. I'm good with that."

"Let's just keep looking." I said looking around to see what Stella wanted to do. "Where's Stella?" I asked Peter when I noticed she wasn't anywhere near us.

"She was just here." Then there was a loud bang and glass breaking off into the distance. Me and Peter looked at each other worried. "Fuck." He said as we rushed over to where we heard it coming from. My heart was racing hoping Stella was okay and nothing happened to her.