Chapter 13 - "You think I don't know?"

**Eddie's POV**
- *Flash back to Sweet Escape Chapter 9.*

I let out a deep sigh as I pulled myself out of her bed. Putting on my jeans and other clothes I heard a small whimper escape her lips. I turned quickly and saw that Jade had extended her arm out in place of where I was. When I finished getting dressed I sat at the edge of her bed watching her. My cheeks grew hot as I blushed. She slept so peacefully.
Luckily it was only eight am. I gathered up my things and took one last look at her.
"See you later.." I softly whispered as I stood up.

Climbing through the window I watched my step, balancing myself off the railing I hesitated jumping off. Luckily I landed on my feet, dusting myself off I ran towards my van.

I had a lot to think about, I was falling in love with Jade. I knew I wanted something more with her, but what she didn't know is that I was messing around with Chrissy. After last night I knew I had to end things with her.
.....

Driving up to Chrissy's house I hesitated, after I put my van in park I sat there for a moment, biting the edge of my nails I finally mustard up the courage to get out. Guilt was eating away at me, how did I end up in this situation? If I knew that I would end up developing feelings for Jade I would have never got with Chrissy.

My knuckles gently tapped against the door, when I heard her footsteps from behind the door I took a step back.
"Hey there..." Chrissy smiled at me, opening the door she leaned against the frame, her finger twirled up my shirt as her eyes trailed down my pants.
"Can we talk." I asked.

"Talk?" Her eyes fluttered up to me.
"Yes. I just want to talk."

"Fine." Confusion spread across her face while she took a step back, I walked into her house and made my way up into her room.

I sat on her bed, and within an instant she jumped on top of me, her arms swung around my shoulders, loosely tossing her hair to the side she brushed her hips against mine. While she leaned on for a kiss I jerked my head back, looking away she scoffed.
"I just want to talk." I said moving myself from beneath her.

"We can't keep doing this anymore. It's done." I said quickly, I saw from the corner of my eyes she didn't like that.
"What-"

"I'm sorry. But we just can't do this anymore."
"Did I do something?"
"No. I-it's not you. I don't want this anymore."
"Why?" She asked.

"Because." I mumbled. Thinking about Jade I hesitated, through out what ever Chrissy and I had, she would get jealous of other girls. I wanted to protect Jade, but mainly wanted to protect this secret.

"I just don't want this anymore Chrissy. I don't want to be with you and I don't think it's fair that I lead you on." Looking at her I felt guilty, I saw the pain I was causing her.

"Is there someone else?" She asked.
"Yes." Shit.

"You think I don't know?" She shouted standing up.
"I'm not going to tell you."

"Why? Is it because you want to protect your little girlfriend. Jade." Her expression grew anger, flailing her arms in the arm she walked back and forth through her room.

"Because it's non of your business." I snapped. "Wait...how did you know?"

"I'm not stupid Eddie!" She laughed. "I saw you sit next to her at lunch. I don't understand why, she's a nobody." Chrissy continued her laugh crossing her arms she smirked at me.