Chatper 8

Izuku stared at Bakugou for a long moment. It was dead silent aside from the crackling of the bonfire and the sounds of the forest winds blowing the garden chimes.

The words the alpha said echoed through Izukus's mind making his omega preen, an alpha with an enticing scent was in love with him. An alpha that was strong, and hardworking was in love with him. However, Izuku put a stop to those thoughts. It was a lie. A huge ridiculous lie. Love? Bakugou Kastuki did not know love nor did he ever show it.

And him saying it to Izuku of all people proved that Bakugou believed Izuku would be like before and immediately jump into his arms like some dumb omega.

Izuku was finding it hard to be angry, after all, it showed he was not the same kid who bullied him, who shunned him without any reason known to Izuku, and used him as a punching bag.

"You certainly.... got better at acting." Izuku jokes, finally finding the words. However, as he laughed, the alpha looked at him confused.

"Acting?" Bakugou asked, looking at Izuku with confusion in his furrowing his brows as Izuku stood up.

"I never would have known you were the type to stoop so low but I guess I underestimate you," Izuku said looking back at the alpha, expecting him to be scared to be caught in his web of lies.

"I am not lying!" Bakugou huffed standing up. Izuku saw in the window reflects the determination in the alpha's eyes making him twist in anger.

"If that is true, I do not love you," Midoriya said ignoring the harsh tone of his voice. "Are you planning on forcing me to love you?"

"I do not plan on forcing anything on you." The alpha said looking down hurt at his feet as Izuku felt himself getting berated by his omega for hurting the alpha. He bit his tongue to stop himself from wanting to comfort the alpha or release a whimper.

"So you plan on me falling for you? Is that it?" Izuku turns to the alpha to which the alpha still keeps his head down as he looks at his feet. Taking the silence in Izuku knew the alpha's silent answer.

"I am not that easy of a person to manipulate Bakugou. I came here for my mother's life and soon after I plan on finding a way to break the mating bond permanently as soon as the wedding is complete." Izuku explained firmly.

A mutual mating bond was needed to have the blood promise his mother and Mitsuki made. Once the two were mutually bonded they were not so easy to swoon for others and listen to the alpha and omega commands. It was known to be called "Mated for life" as it was a deep commitment made between true lovers. Or soul mates. The married couple with the mated for life bond will go where some make blood oaths, like when some make promises to the leader of the pack or when two packs make a promise of peace. If broken it will eat them with guilt from the inside out, one of the most painful deaths.

Izuku decided he had enough turns to leave. "You aren't going to open it?" Bakugou said in a painful voice making Izuku freeze aside his angry thoughts telling him to leave.

Izuku wanted to leave, this was the boy who almost got Izuku killed at 10 years old, the boy who made him shunned by everyone, the boy who was the source of his insecurities and the source for his thrive to be better.

Yet his curiosity peaked. He would be lying if he said he did not want a peak in the box of what the alpha had gotten him.

Collecting his composure he turned to see the alpha still looking down with a pained expression making Izuku be berated by his omega for hurting the alpha as his kind heart tried to fight to not feel bad for giving Bakugou his own medicine.